Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lips

Hi,

A little sunshine, a little rain gave us a lazy day at the compound. Lisa finished a large canvas, I found closures and new pictures have been added to Flickr.

I didn't get the mail I expected (there's the problem) on this song. What? too many chocolate bunnies? OK.
"__ __ __ __ __ __, I'm gettin' ready for the heartaches to come. (repeat) " Hint: That was the chorus of the song. What is cast when light is interrupted by something. Try and get this without Google, it will give you the wrong answer. (5)

This morning it looked like rain, then it got kinda sunny and then this afternoon it rained. A nice steady downpour that gave the lawns and trees a nice watering. It had been very dry and this rain is good for everything. Selfishly, I like the fact that I won't have to water the lawn. Check out the house pics and you'll understand.
I had to take Daku out while it was raining and he got into it. At one point he just collapsed on the wet grass, turned over and let the rain fall on his tummy. Hey, he's a dog.

I went out to see about getting the truck serviced this morning but the Toyota dealership was closed. I went by the hardware store for a few things but they were closed. So was the bakery. Three days off for Songkran for almost everybody. A lot of the smaller shops are still open and of course the 'C' is open. There's nothing that can't wait until Thursday.

In preparation for her August art exhibit, Lisa has been working on some larger format canvases. She's just finished her second brilliant piece and I suspect there will be more.

There is a water station right down the street from us that is run by some kids. This morning when I left at 9:20 there was a little boy out there waiting. He got me too. This afternoon we heard squealing and laughing and it was three or four kids at the same spot, wetting everything that came down the road. I commented to my friend Claire that I don't think something like this could happen in a city like L.A. She agreed: "Oh my goodness! You're right - people would have a "cow" if someone touched their cars... AND, don't forget the hair!" Something to think about. (Ha) Oh, for those of you who might be new to all this, I should explain the (5). In Thai, the number five is pronounced 'Ha'. Get it?

Well, it's time for Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

PS Thanks to Claire for the quote

"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness."
~Audrey Hepburn, when asked about her beauty secrets

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: