Thursday, April 16, 2009

Each Day

Hi,

It was another hot day in Chiang Rai. BamBam saw the doctor, Daku met the roses, and the celebrating continues.

I'm proud of the few of you that knew the song. Maybe today will bring more mail (Ha). Little Surfer knew it (5)
"Each time things start to happen again, I think I got something good goin' for myself but what goes wrong?
Sometimes I feel very sad, sometimes I feel very sad (Can't find nothin' I can put my heart and soul into)...
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __." Hint: The group was a family affair. If you don't know, I guess you just don't know. Hmm.

BamBam had her weekly visit with Dr. Arnon today. He's still trying to get a handle on her hair loss. She was the perfect angel until one of the assistants presented her hand and Bam growled at her. That's when they got the muzzle. After that she was gentle again. Her spirits are high and her appetite is good so we're hoping it will clear up soon.

Meanwhile, this afternoon Daku and BamBam were having their daily play on the front lawn when Daku started messing with the little rose plant. I saw him from inside but it was too late to say anything. When he came in he had a tiny little cut on his face and a hurt paw. Tomorrow I'll dig up the rose.

The beach on the river was packed today. There were still water stations around town and the trucks were still roaming, looking for victims. I saw a wild water fight at a stop light between two pick-up trucks. (well, the people in the back of the trucks) The same is true in Bangkok, where a few days ago there was chaos. Today it was water, water everywhere.

This brings me to a comment I received from one of my readers. I was asked how I could call it 'paradise' with a war going on. Well, let me say this: There was no war, there was extreme civil disobedience that lost it's steam. There were road blockages and small demonstrations in other parts of the country, but for now, things are peaceful. Here in Chiang Rai, nestled behind our wall, with all that we survey, it is paradise. We could travel the streets of the town with only the fear of getting wet. We stay on top of the news and do not invite fear into the daily equation.

On a lighter note, I forgot to tell you a Daku story. He has discovered that in our closet there are treasures. His little doggie brain has decided that Lisa's ballet shoes are the perfect thing to take for his chewing pleasure. Now we just have to remember to close the door when he's in the room. The shoes will be moved, but he will undoubtedly find something else. Never a dull moment.

That's it for today. Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in;
forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit
to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: