Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Learn

Hi,

Today was 'Doggie Bath Day', among other things. We had a breakfast adventure and cruised the quiet morning streets. This is the last day of Songkran, maybe. What?

My faith in your musical knowledge has been restored. "Standing In The Shadows of Love" by The Four Tops was the song. Now I hope you realize that I can tell if you've been to Mr. G. He's not always right. Know this one?:

"I keep looking for a place to fit in, where I can speak my mind. I've been trying hard to find the people that I won't leave behind. They say I've got brains but they ain't doin' me no good, I wish they could..." Clue: A sad little song about being out of sync with the world by a major L.A. group in the 60's. I think it's beach weather.

What do you do when you run out of bread and the bakery is closed? Why, you go out for breakfast. That's what we did this morning. We went down to Doi Chaang Coffee and had a pretty nice meal. We sat upstairs and could look down on the indoor pond as its caretaker was feeding the plants and fish. After that we rolled down to the main drag and I picked up some contact lenses. The traffic was very light for a Wednesday morning. With so many businesses closed, it all seemed a little odd. Even our massage spot was closed. It's New Years Day and I don't know why I expected things to be open. Traditionally, people return to their family village for celebrations like this. Family is very important so businesses close to observe and let their employees do the same. When we built the house, all the workers got 10 days off. This year, because of the unrest in Bangkok, the Prime Minister has extended the holiday for two days. Whether that happens up here is anybody's guess.

What was open were the water stations. They were just getting fired up and the trucks were starting to drive around looking for 'splashees' (Ha) I had been wondering where and how the trucks were getting all that water in the drums. There's a 'filling station' right by the city water tower. They run a hose to the street and for a fee, you can fill up. Yes, life here is different.

BamBam and Daku got baths today. It was Daku's first outdoor bath. Up until now he's been bathed in the shower. This was a lot easier. We almost didn't bathe them because it looked like rain. It did sprinkle a bit and then the sun came out. (It doesn't really come out) After getting most of the water out of their fur, we put them in the pen and went for a swim. The end of another day in paradise.

Have a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Never see anything that you do as a failure but see it as an accomplishment.
Then you have never failed; you have always learned."
~Ramtha

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: