Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Funnies

Hi,

You can feel the energy building around town. Something's coming. People are leaving for their home towns and villages, and others are arriving in Chiang Rai. Songkran is the biggest holiday of the year.

I was quite surprised that some of you remembered "Ode to Billy Joe" by Bobbie Gentry. That song came out in 1967 and it's still wrapped in mystery. It took on a life of it's own with the last verse. The singer and Billy Joe were seen throwing something off the bridge. Then later he jumped. Nobody knows what they threw off the bridge. There were rumors that the police had questioned Gentry but that wasn't true. I have to tip my proverbial hat to the writer for creating a story that has no resolution after all these years. It was a 'reality show' in a song. We thought it was real. Talk about getting caught up in the moment and staying there. Whew.

For the weekend I'm going back a few more years. The second verse lyric should make this a simple one to get: "He rocks in the tree-top all a day long, hoppin' and a-boppin' and a-singin' his song..." Hint: Think Aviary Rock. Really a kids song with adult production. Too many hints might give it away.

We got a Big C list from Boot and decided to go out in the morning and get it out of the way. It's senseless to guess when you're going to beat the crowd. Friday is not the day, no matter what time. We still had a successful trip. I meant to check out the 'Songkran Shirts' but got focused on the mission and forgot about it.


I forgot to tell you about a few sightings around town. At the Post Office the other day all of the clerks were wearing pink polo shirts. The other night we saw a young man wearing pink Keds tennis shoes. I keep telling you, real men wear pink. Oh, we saw a pink VW on the road yesterday. It was cool. Oh, and there's the pink Hello Kitty Honda. There were other non-pink sightings as well. A motorbike with a utility side-car carrying a total of seven people down the road last night. They make 'kiddie' seats for the motorbike so the child can sit in front of the driver. This as opposed to standing as they careen down the road. Not really sure about that one.

There was lots of noise and dust behind the house today as they cut the tile in the pool and started the process of chipping out the bottom three inches where the wall meets the floor. This is where the new pipes will go. We're still in tile hunting mode and will continue tomorrow. Here's a trick I learned today. To make a chiseling device, take a short piece of rubber hose (4"), push a hardened nail through one end, hold the other end, and bang away. Not the most efficient way to do things but I saw it work. Hmm.

The dogs are full of mischief these days. Daku likes to take things. This morning he wandered over and took one of the worker's gloves. He's done this with socks and of course sandals. Hey, he's a dog. This evening Boot brought them upstairs and we noticed that they were both damp. She explained that she was taking a shower and they both wanted to do the same. They played (wrestled wildly) for a while, had to be separated so they could calm down, had chewy bones and now they're both sleeping. They're in the same pose, lying on their sides facing the same direction.

Now it's time for the 'Funnies'. Lisa's friend Lisa sent us this list, obviously written by a dog. Have a Great WeekEnd.

Peace,

Danny



Dog Pet Peeves

Blaming your farts on me.....
not funny... not funny at all !!!

Yelling at me for barking.
Helloo - I'm a DOG!

Taking me for a walk, then
not letting me check stuff out.
Exactly whose walk is this anyway?

Any trick that involves balancing
food on my nose. Stop it!

Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons.
Now you know why we chew your stuff
up when you're not home.

The sleight of hand, fake fetch throw.
You fooled a dog! Whoooo Hoooooooo what
a proud moment for the top of the food chain.

Taking me to the vet for 'the big snip', then acting
surprised when I freak out every time we go back!

Getting upset when I sniff the crotches of your guests.
Sorry, but I haven't quite mastered that handshake thing yet.!

Dog sweaters. Hello ???
Haven't you noticed the fur?

How you act disgusted when I lick myself.
Look, we both know the truth. You're just jealous.

Now lay off me on some of these things.
We both know who's the boss here!
You don't see me picking up your poop do you?

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: