Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Friend

Hi,

It was an adventurous Tuesday here in 'The Rai'. The downtown market, the hospital, and a string of stops for various essentials, ballet, and a swim. Just a typical day you know where.

What does it take to get you to remember the classics? I did get mail from the 'pros'. This should wake you up:
"I'm __ __ __ __ __ __ __, watching the tide roll away. Ooo, I'm just __ __ __ __ __ __ __
Wastin' time." Hint: I've tried a little tenderness, and basically given you the song. If you know it let me know.

This morning the day started with a visit from our insurance guy. He delivered the papers for our policy on the truck. He speaks very good English and likes to visit. We had a pleasant time talking about Songkran, and the state of things. He also confirmed that the car we ordered is a very good one.

After our visit we headed out for Overbrook Hospital, which is just a few minutes from the house. When we got in the parking lot, there was no place to park so we left. We were going to see if we could get some Tamiflu just in case we noticed any symptoms. There have been no indications of any problems in these parts but an ounce of prevention, blah blah. We returned in the afternoon only to find out it was not available. Hmm.

Since we were so close to the main marketplace we decided to dive in and pick up some material for Lisa's studio that we'd been meaning to get. There's a man we call 'Fabric Guy' who has a good selection to choose from and he's very personable. It took us a few tries to find him, we still get lost in the market sometimes. He was happy to see us and mentioned seeing me on the street. Hmm. Anyway, we got just what we wanted and roamed around until we found our way out. As we were leaving the area we saw a guy wearing a sport shirt with images of various African-American hair styles. I managed to stop him and he let me take a picture of the back of the shirt with my phone. I'll post it soon. Where did he find that shirt in Thailand?

While Lisa was giving Napa her ballet lesson I went out to pick up more dog food for Daku. The first stop didn't have the 'puppy' version so I went down the 'Bus Station' street to the big pet store. That was after I made a stop at the hardware store for some cement. I have to pour a little barrier around the posts of the dog run to keep them from digging. I think they like to dig there because it's the only bare dirt in the yard, and it's soft. I can always tell when Daku has been at it by the little ring of red dirt on his nose. So wrong but so cute.

The overnight light rains have cooled the temps here, but the humidity is still high and the pool is cooling. Say it isn't so. We swam anyway and it's great exercise. That and the stairs will really do you.

Big thanks to Christopher for today's quote.

Time for Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

PS: If you've been reading this blog, please let me know by leaving a comment and your name. It would be nice to know who's out there.

"If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it."
~Edgar Watson Howe


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: