Monday, April 6, 2009

Kindness

Hi,

The weekend saw progress on the pool, lots of doggie play, and the beginning of a new adventure for me on the internet. Hmm, oh yeah, and a rain soaked Formula One race.

The weekend song was "Rockin' Robin" by Bobby Day. Now do you remember? We'll start the week in the middle 70's. Hold on:
"Never, I never met a girl like you in my life... The way that you hold me in the night, the way that you make things go right, Whenever you're in my arms girl, you're filling me with all your charms... " Clue: Title is in another language, by a group whose name translates as 'Bad'. Hmm. Should be easy.

Saturday I joined Facebook, after starting to feel left out. What a rush. I had no idea just how big a thing it has become. I have connected with so many people that I had lost contact with. I now know more about some of you than you were willing to tell me through email. (Ha) Now the trick is to not get sucked into the vortex and disappear. Hmm.

Khun Cheurn, the guy who is doing the work on the pool, set all the piping in place and then he and I went on a hunt for the tile to cover the pipes. He spotted some black tile that was 12x12 and said he could cut it. That was fine with me. He has a device that looks like a paper cutter and it 'slices' the tile. Who knew? Today he put concrete over the piping and set the tiles in place. It's looking good. Of course, more will be revealed.

We're still having our ups and downs with our internet connection but it seemed to hold pretty good over Saturday and Sunday. The testing was to be done on Sunday, but today we had more dropped signals. I guess I'll have to go back to CAT and have a talk.

Sunday Boot spent her day off visiting friends so we baby sat the dogs. There are times when they just hang out together and can be left in the kitchen. They play and sleep. Daku has discovered another use for newspaper besides getting it 'wet'. He's entered the chewing stage and we walked in on him lying on a pile of torn up paper with a piece hanging out of his mouth. The joys of 'parenthood'.

Sunday night we went into town for our usual dinner at the Night Bazaar. There were a lot of people there. It's probably because of Songkran and all the visitors who come to be with family for the holiday. Speaking of Songkran, I found a site that tells a lot about it and gives a very good history of the celebration. http://www.songkran.net/en/

This morning the garden crew arrived for their monthly 'grooming' of the yards. Three men and three women took to the yard, weeding, clipping, mowing and raking. This month they managed to get it all done in one day. Some of the long grass that Daku loves to hang out in has been cut down, but it will grow back. He still loves his favorite spot on the small hill in the back yard.

This afternoon I went to the dentist that Tay had taken me to a few weeks ago. I call him Mor Fun Music (Music Dentist) because he plays different music every time. On the first visit he was playing Charlie Rich. Today it was classical music. He said it depends on his mood. He re-set a crown that had come off. One of the simpler things I've had to deal with lately.

The beach was crowded all weekend and again today. We plan to go down to the 'shore' and experience the vibe and take some pictures.

Have a Great Week.

Peace,
Danny

"Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.
Kindness in giving creates love."
~Lao-Tzu


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: