Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday Funnies

Hi,

The week is done, the pool is full, a ballerina is back, and the water-throwing has begun. Now we try and stay dry.

So, not many of you could nail down "Mississippi Queen" by Mountain. Shame on you. (Ha) It's cool, but you should know that rockin' song. For the weekend, we're going to mid 60's classic by one of the hardest workin' guys in show bizness, besides J.B. "Riding along in my automobile, my baby beside me at the wheel. I stole a kiss at the turn of a mile, my curiosity running wild...with __ __ __ __ __" Hint: Something about aimless driving.

This morning the water truck arrived and began the process. After the first truck load we were a little concerned. The price we settled on was not going to make a dent in the filling of the pool. The truck was smaller than our calculations. We explained, through Boot, that it would take way more than four tanks of water. Negotiation finally got us what we needed and Truck/Water Woman still made money. Tomorrow we'll start the cleaning process. The pool sat empty for a day during winds, so the water is dirty, but that's a minor problem now. Oh, and the water feels warmer than I expected. Yea.

This afternoon we got a visit from Tay and Napa. They had been to a family reunion in Rayong, which is in the south. It's also where Boot is from. Anyway, they dropped by and brought some gifts and Tay invited us to her house on Monday to watch her neighborhood celebrate Songkran. (Monday is the first official day of the holiday) Tay is always thinking of ways for us to learn more about the Thai experience first hand. We learn a lot from her.

In case you see things on the news about Thailand and the demonstrations in Bangkok, I would like to remind you that we are far from there and things here are rather mellow. Just thought I'd ease any worried minds.

With all the water truck activity today we had to leave the front gate open most of the time. This made it hard on the dogs. They couldn't run free and play like they usually do. Each time we took them out they had to be on leashes. It's just as well since it was a very hot day and we don't let them run too much when it's like that. They are adapting to the leash thing pretty quickly. It's not too bad managing both dogs at once. Of course, Daku is still not clear on his role, so we just let him go where he wants and occasionally reign him in.

It's time for the 'Funnies'. This was sent to me by my friend Claire a while back. Thanks much.

Have a Wonderfilled WeekEnd.

Peace,

Danny

Susie's husband had been slipping in and out of a coma for several months. Things looked grim, but she was by his bedside every single day. One day as he slipped back into consciousness, he motioned for her to come close to him. She pulled the chair close to the bed and leaned her ear close to be able to hear him.

"You know" he whispered, his eyes filling with tears, "you have been with me through all the bad times. When I got fired, you stuck right beside me. When my business went under, there you were. When we lost the house, you were there. When I got shot, you stuck with me. When my health started failing, you were still by my side. "And you know what?"

"What, dear?" she asked gently, smiling to herself.

"I think you're bad luck."


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: