Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Castles

Hi,

The last 24 hours have been very eventful. That is if you consider a storm, a trip to the Transportation Office (DMV) and not enough sleep events. Hmm.

I can't seem to stump all of you. There were several messages with the correct answer to the song. Sing along:
"Laaaa-ah-ah, la-la, laaaa-ah-ah (repeat)... __, mi Linda __ The feelin' I have inside for you __, mi Linda, __" Hints: The leader of this group's brother is a very famous/talented guitarist in his own right.

Last night (this morning) around 2am the wind began and some of the windows started whistling. I don't recall this happening before. Then it got more intense and we started to hear thunder off in the distance. At this point we were wide awake and waiting. We made a check of the big doors and then the lightning started. It still hadn't started raining yet but we knew it was coming. Such drama. When it hit, it was a three ring circus. The sky would light up, the thunder would jar the senses and the rain was slapping the house like Homey the Clown. (Ha) At one point there was a loud door slam from downstairs. I figured it was the guest room or my studio door. I was right in a way. My door had slammed shut because the door to outside had blown open. That meant wiping up the rain that had blown in and making sure everything was secure. It took a bit of 'football' (soccer) to take our minds off the storm that was finally calming down. One hour of adrenaline in the middle of the night is hard to get over.

This afternoon Boot, Lisa and I went over to the DMV to register the truck. I wanted to get it done ahead of the due date since it would be the beginning of the Songkran merriment. A few other folks had the same idea. The place was packed but we had to do what we had to do. There's a small counter just inside with a young woman who takes your paperwork and directs you to the next step. This is a nice touch except that the concept of waiting in line is non-existent. I was standing behind a man who was next and all of a sudden, a woman just pushed her way towards the desk. I scooted up as close as I could, edging in her direction at the same time. Talk about a duel of body language. I won and got my turn at the desk. I got my number and it was 30 away from the one being served. Oh no. It turned out that things went very fast and we didn't have to wait too long. When we left the building there was a car parked in the driving lane, right behind us. Another common practice. Most of the time drivers will leave their car in neutral so you can push it out of the way. What? Fortunately, the driver appeared just as we were becoming frustrated. As we pulled out onto the road, I was glad that doesn't have to happen for another year.

Did I mention that I didn't get my afternoon nap? I know, poor baby. Well, with the hour plus from last night and the heat and humidity of the day, I was ready, but some days there's just stuff that has to be done. Like arriving home and noticing a loose board in the gate. That meant a trip to the hardware store, borrowing an extension cord long enough to reach the house, and a bunch of concentration at the end of the day. Oh my.

I think you know what time it is. It's time for Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny



"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost;
this is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
~Henry David Thoreau

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: