Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Funnies

Hi,

We spent the day at home. There was painting, strumming and swimming. Lisa taught a class and we hung with friends.

I know, that last song was somewhat of a stumper. It was The Beach Boys singing "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times". Check out the lyrics for a dose of 60's angst that would probably work with today's listeners.

For the weekend, we'll float around in the same decade and try and remember a song that opened many ears.
"After all the jacks are in their boxes, and the clowns have all gone to bed, you can hear happiness staggering off down the street...__ __ __ __ __" Hint: Left-handed genius left us too soon. If you can make sense of it all, then you were trippin' too. Just watch out for the breeze (5).

It was a quiet day at the Big Brown House. Everyone stayed near the air/cons since it was so hot outside. The dogs wanted to stay inside, which is a rare thing. Lisa worked on another painting, and I did some pool stuff and messed with a Seung (a four string Northern Thai instrument). Of course, I'm not playing it in a traditional manner at all. Can you say slide guitar? I think I've found something. (Ha)

This afternoon Napa came over for a ballet lesson. Today Tay (her mom) and Pong (her dad) both came. It turned into a 'family visit'. Pong is usually playing golf at the time of the lessons, but since this is a holiday week, he played this morning and spent the afternoon at ballet. He told me about the instructions Napa gave him if he was to watch her lesson. "No speak" were her words. Pong started laughing at the firmness of his daughters directions. After we talked for awhile he went upstairs and watched Napa.

After the class we all hung out in the back yard. Tay has become a very dear friend and I'm slowly getting to know Pong. I suppose if I became addicted to golf we'd become fast friends. Hmm, don't see that in the near future. Maybe I can get him in the water.

Have a Pleasant WeekEnd and don't forget the Chinese F1 Grand Prix (SpeedTv). Now it's time for the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

Knock on Wood

Three older ladies were discussing the problems of getting older. One
said, "Sometimes I catch myself with a jar of mayonnaise in my hand,
in front of the refrigerator, and can’t remember whether I need to put
it away, or start making a sandwich.

The second lady chimed in, "Yes, sometimes I find myself standing on
the stairs and can’t remember whether I was on my way up or on my way
down."

The third one responded, "Well, I am glad I don’t have that problem;
knock on wood," as she rapped her knuckles on the table. She looked up
and said, "That must be the door, I’ll get it!"


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: