Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Part

Hi,
Today we experienced Los Angeles traffic, went on a wild goose chase, both got tattoos (sort of) and the wrapping began.
Some of you knew that the song was "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" as sung by B.J. Thomas, written by Bacharach and David and featured in Butch and Sundance. That should explain the last clues. Big thanks to Denny for the B & S clue. Our next song comes up every year around this time. "__ __, just slip a sable under the tree for me. Been awful good girl, __ __, so hurry down the chimney to me." Hint: My gift to you is an obvious song from way back when. It's been covered by tons of artists, so your real challenge is giving me the original artist.
This morning we went to the Fox Hills Mall to pick up a few items and were quite surprised by all the changes. Stores are in different places, some are gone completely and there's an incredible mural at one end that must be seen. Oh yeah, and I saw Santa. No silly, I didn't sit on his lap, I just peeked at him from the escalator.
Our adventure in traffic was quite a contrast to Chiang Rai driving. We went up to Olympic Bl. near Sawtelle in the middle of the day. So many cars, so many people. Our destination was the Social Security office. The location is being kept a mystery for some unknown reason. If you Google it, you get a wrong address. What's up with that? Anyway, we went in, got a number, waited, only to find out that we have to come back in four years to do what we wanted to do. Misinformation from the last visit.
Hmm.
Mr. August has a full set of washable marking pens and has set up a Tattoo Parlor in his bedroom. He even has a sign on the door and a 'menu' of types of tattoos and the colors available. Lisa got a foot on one arm and a hand on the other. Inside of each is a colorful mosaic that looks a lot like a reflexology chart. I got a simple Christmas tree. The real trip is that they're scented. I got a blend of cherry and blackberry. Yum.
I got a cute message from Linda in response to the freeway signs. She saw them too and thought they should have read:
"dnt txt while drvng - 1/1/09" (555)

With that, it's time for a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,

Danny

"I am part of all that I have met."

~Ulysses, from Homer's 'Odyssey'



Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: