Friday, December 26, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
Well, now that you've had a chance to try things out, then read the directions, it's almost time to return to normal. (Ha) Pedro wrote to say that he thinks his son took his toys. Hmm, bet that happened in lots of households.
I'm assuming that I heard from everyone on the last song. It was "Santa Baby" by the late Eartha Kitt. There's an extensive bio in yesterday's NY Times. Let's hit the weekend with something more familiar. __ __ __, that's how easy baby, it's gonna be....like takin' candy from a baby..." Hint: I know it's goofy, but it was a big hit in its day. You can count on me to keep you in memories. (555)
So, Christmas Eve found me wandering the streets looking fora gift that was not found. Went to the mall for a little cultural overload, stood in line at the phone store to add time to my sim, and then remembered that I could do it on-line. Ugh.
The evening was spent with the kids. We had a delicious '7 Fish' dinner; an Italian tradition. After the boys decided on what they'd leave Mr. Claus, August made a note (on his laptop) and printed it out. I suppose this might be welcomed by Santa when you consider some of the notes he has to try and figure out. The boys had a sleep-over but didn't get much sleep. Of course that no surprise.
We got a call from August on the morning of the 25th saying that they were ready to do presents and we should come to the house. It was Show Time. It's so much fun watching the reactions of kids as they open gifts. In this case, August was over the top with enthusiasm over a few of his gifts, like the overhead projector he's been wanting forever. C-Bass was excited/cool as he opened his gifts. Hey, he's fourteen and he's naturally cool. I think one of his favorite gifts, besides the PSP (Lisa wanted me to tell you that is means PlayStation Portable), was a Wok set. He loves to cook.
We spent the evening with my mother Jean, Denny and Sheila (brother/sister-in-law), Aunt Sara, Cousin Wendy and Ruthie (Sara's helper). We dined at the Westin in Pasadena and it was amazingly good. Since we'd had plenty of turkey already, it was ok having chicken for the evening's main course. Oh, and did I mention that it was cold?
After dinner we went to Mom's house to open gifts and hang out. I got to see photos of Denny's '32 Ford Coupe Hot Rod. Now that's what I need in Chiang Rai. (Ha) We walked down memory lane, shared lots of laughs and learned some family history. An evening to be remembered.
I think it's time for some 'Funnies'. Have a Great WeekEnd and Bundle up.

Peace,
Danny

Disney Password

My kids love going to the Web, and they keep track of their passwords by writing them on Post-it notes.

I noticed their Disney password was "MickeyMinnieGoofyPluto," and asked why it was so long.

"Because," my son explained, "they say it has to have at least four characters."


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: