Monday, December 22, 2008

Flame

Hi,
I think I'm back on track. (Ha) We arrived in L.A. on Saturday afternoon. The anticipated 'Jet Lag' did not disappoint.
Early waking, afternoon naps and heavy eye-lids are a matter of course now. Just have to roll with it for a few days.
The weekend song was "Tightrope" by Leon Russell. Nobody got it. Hmm. Maybe it's because the message on Friday required extra work. (5) Let's start the week with something everybody knows: "__ __ __ __ __ __, And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed, nothing seems to fit." Clue: We did this one back in September of '07 and if the weather forecast is correct, it should work today. If they're wrong then you're on your own. It's easy.
We're riding around L.A. in a Mazda 6 and it's pretty cool. Funny thing is, it's silver. Just can't get away from the silver, the most popular vehicle color in Chiang Rai. I think it has to do with reflective qualities or something.
It's nice to be back with 'The Boys' and see how much they've changed. C-Bass is taller and his voice is deeper. At 14 he's becoming quite a young man. Mr. August is still doing his projects and making things. He has wanted two computer monitors since the day I got my second one a few years ago. Now he's living his dream. He has his laptop and a second monitor. He's into a program called 'SmileBox' and he has sent us a couple of greeting cards he made. For our arrival he made one with his picture and it changes from black and white to color, back and forth. Plus it's set to some cool dance music.
Oh my, where did you get all this cold air? I know, it's winter and what did I expect? It's a different kind of cold than we have in CR. I'll just have to get used to it for the time being. Thank goodness I brought thermal shirts. I got a message from my friend Ling, who lives in Arlington, Texas and he said it was 22 degrees in the morning, going up to a sunny day in the mid 30s. I guess I'll stop complaining now. Lisa's sister Nila lives in the same area. Bundle up y'all.
We have busy days ahead but that's why we came. Seeing lots of friends and family and hanging with the kids. Now if I can just get used to using my left hand for the turn signal lever instead of the wipers, things will be alright. Oh, the adjustments.
While we're in town you can reach Lisa at (310) 280-8597. My number this time is (323) 404-2725. If you missed Friday's message and don't want to deal with the blog site, write me and I'll try and send it to you.
Have a Wonderfilled Week.

Peace,
Danny

"Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another
human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who
have rekindled this light."
~Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: