Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
Today was 'Surprises by the Numbers' day. Unexpected workers, surprise guests, and a surprisingly odd encounter that made my day.
So, the song was "I Want You To Want Me" by Cheap Trick, from their 'Live At Budokan' which first came out 30 years ago. The band is still gigging, by the way. Big thanks to Linda for bringing all this to my attention. For the weekend, some blues.
"Aint but __ __ __ baby, and lord I just cant go out the door. (repeat) 'Cause theres a man down there, might be your man I dont know." Clue: This classic tune was made famous by real 'brothers' who understood what the blues was about. The song is about a man who is literally trapped. Ooops.
The doorbell (gatebell) rang at 8 a.m. On the other side was Kek and a truck load of garden workers. The morning went pretty smooth, with BamBam occasionally doing her 'play with me' bark at the workers. By the afternoon, she was quietly hanging out with them as they worked the flower beds. New friends.
Speaking of BamBam, today was bath day. Lisa and I bathed her while the workers were in the front. She stood perfectly still through most of the process. When we were done and let her go, it was as if she were possessed.
We had a 2p.m. appointment at Pai massage. Today we got the operators we wanted and had another good session. It's amazing how you can go through a week and notice an ache here or a hurt there and figure those are the only problem areas. Then you go in for a treatment and discover little sources of pain all over the place. Today Chacoy, my masseuse, woke up a bunch of stuff in my feet and ankles, just to mention a few. It's totally worth it to keep the energy flowin'.
When we got back to the house, there were two motorbikes in the driveway. Tay had come to visit Boot and Lisa, and Berm had come to see Lisa and me. It was nice to see Tay since we hadn't spoken in a couple of weeks.
Berm is a singer/guitar player we met at a restaurant where he sings every night. We have enjoyed his sets very much. We have tried to make a connection several times but things always came up. Apparently he saw one of Lisa's paintings at our neighbor's house and asked about the artist. When Mr. Narong told him who it was, he made a point of coming to the house to meet with both of us. He's been studying English for a month and wants to learn to draw. We all went up to the art studio and we talked and he looked around. He loves music and art. He knows how to make music so now he wants to learn to make art. Makes perfect sense.
After Lisa worked out a meeting time for his first lesson, Berm and I went down to the music room where he asked me to show him my music. I had already admitted that I had not been 'rehearsing', as he put it. I played him a couple of songs and we talked about an exchange. He'll learn a song in English and I'll learn a song in Thai. When we return from America we'll start the process.
An old friend of Boot's is in town for an extended stay. They haven't seen each other for two years, but have been communicating through email and by phone. His name is Rene and he's from France. She had the cutest look on her face when he called to say he was in town. We'll meet him tomorrow.
It's time for the 'Funnies'. Have a Warm, Cozy WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny


Bumper Stickers

Santa's elves are just a bunch of subordinate Clauses.

Editing is a rewording activity.

Make yourself at home .....clean my kitchen

Allow me to introduce my selves

Better living through denial

Chaos. Panic. Disorder. My work here is done

Is it time for your medication or mine?

I'm not tense, just terribly, terribly alert....


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: