Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Mountain

Hi,
I know, it's a bit late this morning. I'm having to write this late because I can't seem to get an internet signal in our little apartment. It's a mystery I have yet to solve.
It's nice to see some familiar faces getting the song as well as some new ones. The clue worked for one day at least.
"...crying's not for me, 'cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin', because I'm free, nothing's worryin' me." Hint: Oh, you know this one. Hit writers B & D wrote it and B.J. sang it and it made B & S household names. How about that?
We just got back from breakfast at Dinah's with our friends Pam and Steve. It's becoming a 'visit tradition' of sorts. It's good to catch up on things and see how life is on the other side of the water.
Yesterday I got a call from my mom. She had a special gift for Lisa and wanted me to come get it. Here's the background: We had hoped to get a turkey dinner at some point, since we don't have them in Thailand. Lisa had mentioned this to my mom and she said she knew a woman who was in chef school. Not much was mentioned after that and we were on the verge of giving up on having a turkey dinner when she called and said she had a turkey.
Lisa was at a lunch meeting so I raced across the freeways to Altadena to retrieve the bird. I should say big bird. In the course of my travel, I noticed that all the message signs on the freeways said the same thing: "Don't Text While Driving...Jan. 1, 2009" Now, does that mean not to do it on Jan. 1, or it's illegal after Jan. 1? I'm just saying, some people need to have specific directions. (Ha) Does it mean that it's ok to text until Jan. 1? Don't worry, I won't rant. I give up.
It's time for a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Mountains cannot be surmounted except by winding paths."
~Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: