Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Friendship

Hi,
It was a busy day around here. We met with an engineer, a fence was built, and plans were made. If that all sounds mysterious, read on.
"I Will Survive" still has lots of fans. Gloria Gaynor hit it big with that one during the disco days. A close friend suggested:
"__ __ __ __ __ __ , I need you to need me, I'd love you to love me. I'll shine up the old brown shoes, put on a brand-new shirt, I'll get home early from work if you say that you love me." Clues: This anthem of sorts was featured on this groups historic concert in the Far East, 30 years ago. There's no trick to this, but a checkerboard theme is in evidence. Hmm.
We've been in the house for six months now. We have some cracks in the walls that are cosmetic, rather than structural but we're insisting that the builder make the repairs. Today our friend Suthera brought her engineer over to survey what needed to be fixed and give us an estimate on materials. We now know why these things happened and how they should be repaired. Not the kind of thing you want to have to deal with, but now we have information. We also got assurances that the house is sound. Whew.
Our garden upgrade has become a point of fascination with Miss BamBam. Lots of new rocks to bite and chew. That called for a fence like the ones I put up around two other little plots. After two separate trips to two different stores, I got the materials I needed and erected a barrier. We're hoping it does the trick. Bam is a little older now and a bit bolder. I have a feeling she'll leave things alone.
The planning continues for our trip to the States on the 20th of this month. Lots of lists of things to take, things to bring back and people to see. While we're there, I have to renew my driver's license. That has been a breeze for years, but this time I have to take the test. I don't think they'd accept the answers I'd give if I based it on driving in LOS. (Ha) Guess I'll have to study.
Tomorrow we're going to a local university with a teacher who was referred to us by our vet. She teaches English and wants us to record some phrases and sentences. That should be an interesting experience. At some time in the future she wants us to come and speak to one of her classes. Must be on my best grammar. (5)
Once again, it's time for a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Friendships begin because, even without words,
we understand how someone feels."
~Joan Walsh Anglund

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: