Thursday, February 28, 2008

Windows

Hi,
Another beautiful day in LOS. We had a sunny day, with an afternoon thunder storm that lasted about one half hour. It left the air clear and clean. We knew there must have been a rainbow somewhere, but couldn't see it. Oh well.
We only had a couple of people recognize the song. I'm amazed. I gave you such clues. As Paul put it: "That clue really stung".
"__ __ __ __ __ __ __, Everything she does just turns me on. Even though my life before was tragic, now I know my love for her goes on."
Hint: There's some magic going on in this song. Add that to Paul's comment and the previous clue and you should have it.
The guy we bought the truck from, went down to Chiang Mai and expedited the release of ownership and today was the day to go to the DMV. Oh joy. Boot went along to act as my translator, which was a good thing, since he doesn't speak any English, and neither did the folks at the DMV. First he had to fill out a ton of paper work and then I had to fill in some blanks, at their direction. Next was the inspection. Thankfully, there was no one in line when I entered the huge garage. The truck passed with no problems and it was then time to sit and wait. First we waited outside in a little corridor, until the inspection was processed. Then it was off to the official waiting-room. Papers in the basket and wait. We waited and waited. We were called to the counter and given a number, and more waiting. Later we found out that there was a paper missing. He'd left it in his new truck, at our house. Back on the road to get the paper. We returned and waited some more. Finally, after three hours, the deed was done and the truck is now in my name. I guess it's the same all over the world.
While we were waiting, a guy came to a window near the door with some papers. He was wearing a hat and a mask that workers wear to cover their faces. I had to get a picture of this. If he'd been in the States and walked in like that, security would have been all over him.
After the brief 'storm', we ventured out and went over to Big C for a few things. The first stop was the 'eye store' where I got my contacts. I've been having a terrible time getting them in my eyes. Lisa has been putting them in, but it's been a chore. Since they helped me learn how to take them out, I figured they'd show me how to 'install' them. Just like before, they had me do it. We learned the trick and I got them both in my eyes without any crying. Whew.
Sunday we fly down to Bangkok on the first leg of our trip to Bali. We'll stay overnight and then take an early flight to our destination. We're calling it a short flight, compared to the flight from the U.S. to Thailand. It's four hours. Just a hop. (Ha) We will have access to the internet, but just in case you don't get my daily message by late morning, go to the blog site (listed below). It may be, that I'll be able to get that posted every day. We've been told that rain can really slow down the internet, and it rains every day. I'll remind you again, just in case.
Have a terrific Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed,
only if there is a light from within."
~Elizabeth Kübler-Ross


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: