Thursday, February 21, 2008

Courage (Monday 2-18-08

Hi,
Well, this will be a rather brief message. Our internet connection has been down for two days. Most frustrating and very odd, since we've been able to use Skype, which travels over the internet. Hmm. I can't begin to explain that one, except that Skype uses some kind of 'tunnel' that may not need the entire net. We'll probably have to have someone come to the house tomorrow and figure this out.
The weekend song was "Gimme Some Lovin'" by The Spencer Davis Group. I thought you knew. I'm guessing you'd like to start the week with an easy, fun one. How about this: "__, on a Sunday afternoon. Really, couldn't get away too soon." Hint: They started out young. Where does the needle go on a record?
We had a very nice weekend, even without the web. We went to the site and looked at some paint samples for the wall. Also chose the terrazo (sp?) for the terraces and foot paths. We had 'The Family' (Jen and the boys) over for dinner, watched a big football match between Manchester United and Arsenal (Manchester won) and generally hung out.
That was Saturday. On Sunday we ate out and went to the NB. There was a clash of music that was a bit hard to take. As we walked in, there was an ensemble of blind singers and musicians who had set up a la Venice Beach. Most of it was pretty good, until the guitar player/singer started up on the big stage. That's when the clash occurred. Nobody seemed to mind, so we just kept strolling. After we left the NB, we went to the video store. We hadn't been there in a long time. Found a couple of comedies and finished the evening with more football.
Driving observation number 29. Lisa had another of her revelations. In the U.S. we're taught to drive defensively. Here it's about driving offensively. Also, red lights are merely a suggestion. At some intersections it's up to you. At some, the red light is just a pretty decoration. I have yet to drive through one, although I'm getting the hang of the 'rolling start'. There are some corners where there's a big countdown light, and when it gets down to five seconds, you start your roll. Every time behind the wheel is an adventure in living/surviving.
Today we went to Big C to try and get some satisfaction with the internet thing and we were given a phone number. Thank you very much. While we were there I decided to have my eyes checked at one of the many 'eye shops' that are all over town. I got an exam the night before, downtown, but wanted a second opinion. This test was a little more sophisticated and I decided to try soft contacts for my distance vision. Hmm, this is going to take some getting used to. I used to use one hard lense in one eye, and it got easy to install. These soft ones are really difficult, but with practice I'll get the hang of it. It did improve my vision, so I'll keep at it.
Now it's time to me to go into town, to 'Cafe Connect', plug my laptop into their system and send this off to the world.
Have a Magnificent Week!

Peace,
Danny

PS I guess it wasn't so brief after all.

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are."
~E. E. cummings


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: