Thursday, February 21, 2008

Wind (Tuesday 2-19-08)

Hi,
I'm back, with the full force of our maddeningly slow internet. All whining aside, it's nice to be back 'on-line' and in touch with things and info so far away.
A few of you responded to the easy-as-pie song. Here's a bit more: "Life would be ecstasy, you and me endlessly __..."
I'm not sure you need more clues. It's a song that's lasted since the mid 60s as a feel good love song.
So, I told you about the soft contacts. Well, last night I couldn't get them out. This morning I went back to Big C where I got them and they showed me what to do, and then had me do it, right there in the store. Talk about sucking it up and going for it. I made sure I had the move down right, took a deep breath and actually stuck my fingers in my eye. Eeek! Next thing I knew, the lense was in my hand. I had spoken to Jeff about this procedure earlier in the day and it seemed impossible. As he put it, you can't sneak up on your eyes. I'm just glad I learned how to do it and it's not as gross as I thought it would be.
We had a meeting with our 'staff' at The Place' today. Found out how much more things are going to cost, got the plan for the swimming pool and waterfall, and saw the first coat of paint of the wall. They're trying to get as much done before the Songkran Festival, which is in April. The workers are being given two weeks off, and some work needs to be either finished or contracted so we know they'll return.
When I was going to see about my eyes this morning, I noticed the police had one of their 'helmet checks' set up on the Super Highway. Motorbike riders without helmets were funneled to the side of the road, papers were inspected and I'm not sure what happened after that. Some pay fines on the spot and ride off, still without a helmet. Some get citations for various things. You get different stories, depending on who you talk to. All I know for sure is, helmets are required by law, and many view them as an inconvenience, until the pavement jumps up to meet them. I see them turn the corner off the main drag and take their helmets off and put them in their baskets. (every bike has a basket on the front) Like Supat says, we come from the future. It wasn't that long ago that there were massive protests to the helmet laws throughout the U.S., and yet, everyone who rides wears one.
Tomorrow we roll down to Chiang Mai for an overnighter. This time we have a list of things we want/need to do. I'm going to see a chiropractor at a wellness clinic (oh, you'll hear about that), we're going to a street where all they sell is silver goods, we'll cruise the NB, and of course, we'll cap it off with a visit to Pantip Plaza for some tech fulfillment.
Now I've got to go and make those mind wrenching decisions about what to take, or is it, not to take. It's really come down to being a two outfit trip. But what? Oh, the pain.
Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Most people never run far enough on their first wind, to find out if they've got a second.
Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you."
~William James

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: