Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday Funnies (Feb. 15, '08)

Hi,
Fortunately, a few more of you wrote in with 'Vincent (Starry, Starry Night)' by Don McClean or things might have turned dark for the weekend. As it is, I'll go easy on you with something familiar. "Well, my temperature's rising
and my feet are on the floor. Twenty people knocking 'Cos they're wanting some more...So glad we made it, so glad we made it, you gotta __ __ __ (repeat 3x)" and rock all night. It was 1967, organ driven British R&B by a group named after a person.
I seems I opened a big ole can of worms when I mentioned the Formula One season beginning. I got mail from my brother, Denny and my good friend Lane, giving me grief about how NASCAR had already started and blah blah blah. I don't recall sending out any challenges or stating that I thought F1 was better or anything like that. But I got mail from defensive oval boys trying to put down the most sophisticated form of motor racing in the world. Hmm. Now I'll get some mail. (555)
Forgive me for going on and on about the driving thing, but it just gets better with time. Today I had another revelation as we were weaving in, out and around in the traffic. It's like being on a moving obstacle course. One of those games where things just pop up and you have to avoid them. That's what it's like. It could be a bike, a pedestrian, a bus, a motorbike or a car or truck. At any given time, one of them will appear and you must avoid. No wonder people who live in Bangkok complain about the driving. Traffic here is light by comparison. Notice, I don't complain about traffic, just the conditions for driving in general. It's something that will become second nature over time. I must also report that there's a dark side that emerges from time to time and wants to rule the road, in a tank. I'm working to keep that side out of the light, although it did provide us with a much needed laugh break today.
We think 'Tile Torture' is over. A plan is in place, tile has been chosen and we're moving on. It's pool time, after narrowing the width by one meter. More about all that after our first meeting with the pool people.
It's time for the 'Funnies', brought to you today by my dear friend Paul, an avid golfer. Have a Great, Wonderful WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

So a guy has been working on his golf game & he's starting to hit the ball farther than he ever has before. He's really pleased, except he's hitting it further than he can see & ends up losing alot of balls as a result. One day he's complaining to his buddies & one of them suggests that next time he plays he bring "Old John" along with him. Old John, he says, has the eyes of an eagle! The guy is sceptical, John has got to be 95 if he's a day, but his friend swears he has the eyes of an eagle and if anyone can help track his ball, John can.

So the next time he goes out to play he does indeed bring John along. Sure enough, on the very first tee he bangs one so far he loses it in the distance. "Nice looking shot" says John. The guy turns to him and asks "could you really see where it landed?". "Sure" says John "I've got the eyes of an eagle!". So the guy jumps into the cart - "Alright - now where did my ball go?" Old John replies "I forgot!"


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: