Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Abundance

Hi,
Well, I got a message from my mother letting me know that my B'day really didn't count until it reached the time in the place where I was born. That would be near midnight on the 12th, in Los Angeles. Hmm, you mean I'm still a kid? Rock on. Ironically, I guess, I got a message from Denny (my brother, remember?) stating that he'd wish me a happy in 'his time'. So, I suppose that makes it a consensus. Too much to think about. I celebrated today.
I can count on two fingers, the number of you that got the song. Are we back to standing around like wallflowers? I thought I gave you good clues (generous, actually) but apparently not. Here's the second half of the second verse.
"...You gave to me your all and all, now I feel ten feet tall, __ one so true, I love you." Clue: An unusual name, in some parts, for a young woman. Days sometimes are given this name also. (no, not windy or rainy)
Today started out with a breakfast treat. Lisa make me French Toast. Yum. She also made me a beautiful card. Boot arrived with a box. It had a label that read "Happy Birthday Jessy Danny. I love you same Papa for me. From Boot" Inside the box was a white Thai shirt of thin cotton. Just in time for the hot weather. So, my girls are lookin' out for me. (oh, how chauvinistic? Not really)
Lisa and I headed out into the day. We had planned to go up the road and check out the Hill Tribe Crafts Center, but we got side-tracked. We were so close to Mackro that we decided to stop there first to see if they had BBQ sauce. There was a lurking memory that we had purchased it there before. Well, they 'no have', so we decided, on impulse, to drive up the highway to Tesco, a fairly new store that's part of a major chain in various countries.
The Super Highway is basically a two lane road with a half-lane on the left for, as the sign says in symbols, motorbikes, tuk-tuks and sam-lors. We didn't see any speed limit signs but we remember being driven at speeds of 100/120 kilometers per hour. That's 62/74.5 miles per hour. Tesco is about half an hour from our place. I thought I was doing pretty good on keeping a decent highway speed (60), but they just kept flying by. I upped the speed to 80 and still they came. On the way back, I decided to see what it felt like to go 'fast' and we climbed to 100 kph and decided that it felt fast enough for now. Oh, we really like Tesco. Not only did the have the sauce (got 3 bottles), it was clean, modern and wasn't as crowded as Big C. Of course, Big C is 5 minutes away, so treks north will be special. I can't wait to go back and really check out the whole store.
I forgot to tell you why we couldn't stay and play at Tesco. Before we left home, I got a call from Supat, asking if we could come to the property for a meeting this afternoon. They wanted it at 1pm so we said yes. That was the source of our time pressure. We hurried back to town, had lunch and got to the property at about 1:30. It was an ambush. We were standing around, looking at the progress and Supat hollered something, and all the workers left what they were doing and went to the shed. Then they lined up, each one carrying two roses. One at a time, they wished me a Happy B'day, bowed and gave me the rose and then gave Lisa a rose for Valentine's Day. It was something I have never experienced in my life. To have a group of 25 to 30 workers, who's names I don't know, do what they did, is almost embarrassing. Supat is the master at event planning. He orchestrated the whole thing and he did it well. I could tell that some of the workers had never said the words before and had been practicing, while others let it roll off their tongues like it was their native language. Impressed and overwhelmed. That about sums it up. Oh, and before all that, our 'executive crew' gave my a huge bouquet of white roses and Lisa a big bouquet of red roses. Needless to say, the house is full of roses. They're everywhere. It will be a day to remember.
Have a Happy Tuesday and stop by Flickr. Speaking of Flickr, there's another site I'd like to invite you to check out. www.flickr.com/photos/lisamosesgallery There you will find the artwork of Lisa Moses. Brilliant.

Peace,
Danny

"Abundance does not mean that you have a lot of
money or material possessions.
It means that you have what you need,
use it wisely, and what you don't need to others.
Your life has poise, balance, and integrity.
You don't have too little. You don't have too much."
~Paul Ferrini

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: