Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hammer

Hi,
So, the song was "Sunny", as sung by Bobby Hebb back in '66. I heard from a lot of you, finally. Tomorrow might be different. "__, __ __, paint your palette blue and gray, look out on a summer's day, with eyes that know the darkness in my soul... Clue: This time there's a man's name in the title and the blanks are part of the title. As Supat might say, 'think outside the box' on this one.
It keeps looking like rain here, but then it blows away. The national weather service says there might be scattered thunder showers from something blown down from China. Speaking of China, anybody going to the Olympics? Just thought I'd ask.
We go to Bali in about 2 1/2 weeks. We've learned some interesting things in our preparation. They will convert US
Dollars to Rupiah if the dollars are crisp, unfolded and without marks. Otherwise the exchange rate changes. One dollar equals 9,124 Rupiah Hmm. We are curious to know the denominations of the money. Should I bring a bag? I can get a SIM card for my phone, but it has to be registered with a passport. Last, but not least, we'll be there during the Bali Hindu New Year known as Nyepi (the day of silence) on March 7. Lisa talked to her friend John, who will be our host, and he said there are parades and festivals the day before, and then the next day everyone is quiet. This is so the demons living beneath the island will think it's still uninhabited. This will be quite an experience. Try to imagine a whole country, quiet on New Years day.
We went on another 'tile hunt' today. Found something we liked, but they didn't have enough for the front and back porches. Same old story. Tomorrow we'll look some more. Meanwhile, there is a bamboo superstructure around the first floor, in preparation for the pouring on Sunday of the support footings for the second floor. I've been very curious as to how they were going to mount concrete slabs up in the air. I'm starting to get the picture. Sometime during your 'today', I'll post some pics that will speak to this. I'm trying to decide if I want to watch.
I think it's time for us to have a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"If the only tool you have is a hammer,
you tend to see every problem as a nail."
~Abraham Maslow


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.flickr.com/photos/lisamosesgallery

No comments: