Monday, February 11, 2008

Ice Cream

Hi,
We're just finishing another Monday. Had a nice weekend. Saturday we went to The Place for a meeting and a tour of the progress. The big news is that the pre-cast concrete floor is in place and by now, another layer of concrete over mesh has been poured. Care was taken to make sure everything was level. The tanks for the water treatment were delivered and the rendering of the wall is going very nicely. I'll post some more pics of what things look like.
The Place still doesn't have an address. Supat went to the land office and found out that we can't get our address until there is a roof on the structure. No roof, not a house. OK, I guess that makes some sort of sense.
I'm happy that so many of you recognized the line from "Purple Haze" by the one and only Jimi Hendrix. Oh, the stories I could tell about all the concerts. Paul sent me a link that you've just got to visit. It's: http://kissthisguy.com/
It's a collection of 'misshearings' that will give you hours of 'wasting time'. This next one should also be easy.
"__, yesterday my life was filled with rain, __, you smiled at me and really eased the pain..." Hint: Smooth from the mid 60s, let it shine on you. Hmm.
By the time you read this it will be #12 here and I will have officially qualified for discounts at Dinah's, Roll 'n Rye and my Medicare card. That's right. The grand young age of, uh, it's right on the tip of my tongue. As a child, one always imagines things like rest homes and canes and such. That's not the case here. So, eat your vegetables and take your vitamins, blah, blah.
Today I got a trick mirror for the truck. Over here, there are things they put on vehicles that you just don't see in the States. This thing goes on the very front fender on the left side (across from the driver) and is split, so you can see what's right in front of the bumper (for following too close) and all the way down the side of the truck (for squeezing through tight spaces). Of course, those aren't the real reasons, but they apply just the same. I'll have to post a picture of this thing.
The weather has been warm, with a forecast for rain around the middle of the week. It may or may not happen. What ever the weather, life goes on and it's pretty good.
Have a Wonderful Week.

Peace,
Danny

"My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither,
but just to enjoy your ice cream while it's on your plate."
~Thornton Wilder

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: