Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sow (This was Wednesday's Message-Sorry)

Hi,
I'm a little late today. We've been watching the Oscars here in LOS. I was surprised to see the listing. Even though we haven't seen any of the movies, and the show got a bad review from C-Bass, we just had to peak in at 'the show'. Apparently C-Bass didn't like it because of all the nostalgia they stuck in. It was a hedge against the writers strike and I guess they decided to keep it all. I found some of it interesting, but then I'm not 13.
Some of you finally came through on the song front. It was "Laughter In The Rain" by Neil Sedaka. This one should be real easy for you:
"Though I've tried before to tell her, of the feelings I have for her in my heart. Everytime that I come near her, I just lose my nerve as I've done from the start. __ __ __ __ __ __ __........" Hint: This group had the charts under arrest in the early 80s.
Today we had two meetings. Boot called her friend who makes all types of window dressings. She brought over a table full of samples and, even though we don't know a lot about our windows yet, we narrowed down the type of treatments we want. Our second meeting was with a friend of Supat's who is a lawyer at Bangkok Bank (our bank). He's helping us work out the legal aspects of our land. You remember the drill, non-Thais cannot own land, technically. Did I say that? Anyway, there's procedure that we will follow and that's that.
We also walked around the yard and made some choices about trees and bushes. Since we've been living with all these plants, there are some we've become fond of and others that we don't want at the new house. We will be having some fragrant, flowering bushes for sure. This evening the air was full and it was wonderful.
The owner of Chiang Rai Toyota has noticed our construction and stopped by the site to enquire about the engineer and the company. He's not the only one. I think our project is going to put Khun Yuthana on the map in the housing industry. It's neat to be a part of something like this. They keep using the term 'Team' and there's a real payoff when egos step out of the way.
Well, I'm off to the Oscar after party. I'll say hello for you. (555) Have a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny


"The law of harvest is to reap more than you sow.
Sow an act, and you reap a habit.
Sow a habit and you reap a character.
Sow a character and you reap a destiny."
~James Allen

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: