Friday, February 1, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
Well, the whole world is getting rain or snow or something. We looked at a global weather map and it looks like part of our weather system is headed your way. (at least northern CA and some of Washington) It may fall apart before it gets there. It would be a welcome relief, since it's light sporadic rain.
Speaking of rain, we went to Big-C today and one of the things on the list was windshield wipers. There's a cart downstairs with auto stuff and there happened to be a guy there installing wiper blade refills. I took him out to the truck and for about $10, he cut and installed new rubber. Now they wipe crystal clear. Let it rain.
Most of you missed a perfectly good song. Lane, Paul and Rikki got it. "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head" as done by B.J. Thomas. Lane tells us that this Bacharach and David hit went to #1 in 1970. It was also featured in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Now you know. For the weekend, a giveaway. If I don't get mail, I'll pick hard ones.
"Well she got her daddy's car and she cruised through the hamburger stand now. Seems she forgot all about the library like she told her old man now...And she'll have __ __ __ 'Til her daddy takes the __ away." Hint: Mid 60s by some local boys who made a lot of car songs. Give me the title and the make of the car. It's easy. Have 'fun'.
Not much to tell you. One of those busy morning/lazy afternoon days. Lisa worked on a painting and I read from the Thaivisa forum. Things are supposed to clear up this weekend. Maybe we'll take another drive somewhere.
I'll let you go early today, since the 'Funnies' are long. Have a WonderFilled WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

A very elderly gentleman, (mid nineties) very well dressed, hair well
groomed, great looking suit, flower in his lapel smelling slightly of a
good after shave, presenting a well looked after image, walks into an
upscale cocktail lounge. Seated at the bar is an elderly looking lady,
(mid eighties).

The gentleman walks over, sits alongside of her, orders a drink, takes
a sip, turns to her and says, "So tell me, do I come here often?"

*****************

Two elderly gentlemen from a retirement center were sitting on a bench
under a tree when one turns to the other and says: "Slim, I'm 83 years
old now and I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you're about my
age. How do you feel?"

Slim says, "I feel just like a newborn baby."

"Really!? Like a newborn baby!?"

"Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants.

**************

Q: Why should 60+ year old people use valet parking?
A: Valets don't forget where they park your car.

Q: Is it common for 60+ year olds to have problems with short term memory storage?
A: Storing memory is not a problem, retrieving it is a problem.

Q: As people age, do they sleep more soundly?
A: Yes, but usually in the afternoon.




Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: