Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
The end (almost) of another week. We hear, through the 'net-vine' that it's been raining in L.A. Well, last night we had a bit of rain. Lots of big thunder too. The kind that starts out like it's far away, and then seems to just roll across the land. This morning it was sunny and the birds were singing away. I like the night rain.
Bravo, to the few of you that named "For Your Love" by The Yardbirds, as the song. Once again, if you look back at the clues, you'll see that I handed it to you. Charlie Parker's nickname was 'Bird', short for 'yardbird', because he loved chicken so much. (or so the story goes)
Since it's so rainy and stuff, how about a relevant song. "Since my love has left me, I'm so all alone. I would bring her back to me, but I don't know where she's gone. Clue: If I give you the chorus, you have the song. It's one word and they're falling from his eyes. Remember the theme here.
Today we did some banking and had a meeting at the property. The workers are even higher in the air now. Forgot my camera today, but I'll get some shots tomorrow. They're working on the masts for the second floor. The upstairs is going to be one of the tallest structures on our road. Hmm, didn't mean to attract so much attention. Well, at least it won't be pink. We're approaching that time when the decisions are on us. Up to now, the structural things have been left to the experts. Now it's 'where do you want that?' and 'how far from here to there?' and stuff that makes you think. It's really quite empowering, actually deciding what we want to live in and how.
I'm going to post some more pics tonight or tomorrow. Lots of them. Today, we were riding down the Super Highway, on our way to a bank stop, when we spotted a big truck. What made this unusual was that there was an elephant in the back of the truck. You don't see that every day. Lisa managed to hang out of the window at a light and get a picture.
It's time for the 'Funnies', and in honor of someone coming of 'age', I present the last of the old people jokes. Have a Wonderful WeekEnd and I hope your favorite sport doesn't get rained out.

Peace,
Danny

Morris, an 82 year-old man, went to the doctor to get a physical. A
few days later, the doctor saw Morris walking down the street with a
gorgeous young woman on his arm. A couple of days later, the doctor
spoke to Morris and said, "You're really doing great, aren't you?"
Morris replied, "Just doing what you said, Doc: 'Get a hot mamma and
be cheerful.'"
The doctor said, "I didn't say that. I said, 'You've got a heart
murmur; be careful.'"

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: