Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Secret


Hi,

The sky looked like it was really trying hard to rain.  It didn’t try hard enough.  The percentage for rain went down with every passing hour.  Maybe tomorrow (555).

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Every Breath You Take” by The Police.  Now you know.  The ‘Zany Day’ song is next:
“I change my clothes ten times before I take you on a date.  I’m in a cold sweat, I panic, and it makes me late.  I knew you never asked for this I know.  My shots will always misfire, my shots will always miss.  __ __ __ this way at you?  I only look this way at you.”  Hint:  It’s from 1979 and has something to do with the eyes.

During our coffee and roti at The Wanderer, we had an interesting visit with Kwan.  She told us that she has counted at least 15 stray dogs that live in the village.  She and her family, from time to time, give some dogs food, and they recently rescued a litter of puppies from a mother who couldn’t care for them.  They kept the runt of the liter and gave the rest away to homes that wanted them.  A neighbor suggested that if she gave Kwan some money, maybe Kwan could feed the neighborhood pack.  That did not sit well, and more will be revealed, but it goes to the question of who is responsible for the dogs that keep multiplying on the streets?  We see cousins of Joey, the little dog they saved, standing in the street near The Wanderer as if waiting for a meal.  

We think Jai Dee grew last night.  Not only does he appear bigger on a daily basis, he also seems smarter.  I’m sure most dogs figure a lot of stuff out, but this guy has already learned which buttons to push to get us involved in his play.  Standing on his hind legs against anything in the room is a sure way to get attention.  Pulling on the bed spread always gets a response.  Oh, and then there’s barking.  His voice hasn’t changed, but it’s getting bigger, as in louder. A couple of barks can be ‘play with me’, or 'more treats’, or ‘play with me’.  Hey, it gets us up.

This afternoon Khun Jin came over and Lisa and I got massages.  She noted that we’re like new parents.  She also noted tight muscles that no doubt came from dealing with the little bundle.  

Today’s photo shows Jai Dee and me hanging out on his bed.  I’m holding a bone that he’s chewing on, the way he likes best.  He has us well trained already.  The position is his choice.


Feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                         Peace,
                                   Danny

“The secret of life is honesty and 
fair dealing.  If you can fake that,
you’re got it made.”
~Groucho Marx

No comments: