Thursday, October 3, 2019

Life


Hi,

Same weather, different day.  There have been flurries of thunder rolling across the sky, but no rain.  We’re hoping for later tonight.

The ‘Zany Day’ song only had one response.  Maybe if you close your eyes and travel back to 1979, you might recall this number:  “I change my clothes ten times before I take you on a date.  I get the heebie-jeebies, and my panic makes me late.  I break into a cold sweat reaching for the phone.  I let it ring twice before I chicken out and decide you’re not at home.  __ __ __ the way I do?  I only stare this way at you.  I never noticed the size of my feet until I kicked you in the shins.  Will you ever forgive me, for the shape I’m in, for the shape I’m in…”  Clue:  There is a clue in there, it’s a key word in the title that is sung in the chorus.  Sometimes the eyes appear to glaze over, as if in a trance.  

There is a major crackdown on polluting vehicles in Bangkok.  The city has a big smog problem.  Considering there are 10 million registered vehicles in the city, plus more from outlying communities that commute into town, it’s a big issue.  The police will be stopping cars and trucks and citing them.  Considering that this is not the burning season, the smog, haze, or fine dust is becoming a year-long challenge.  Maybe the empty condos and apartments in Chiang Rai will have occupants after all.

This morning we went to Chivit Tamma Da for coffee and a scone.  The ‘porch’ where we like to sit was empty and the view was great.  Sitting and staring at the island in the river, with all it’s overgrown foliage, is almost hypnotic.  It’s a gift of the rains.

On the home front, more of Jai Dee’s personality is coming out.  We knew he liked to play, but now he’s taken it to the next level, teasing.  This evening he ‘stood up’ against my bedside table and took a folded paper towel.  Lisa tried to take it from him and he ran around the room, playing keep away.  He finally surrendered the trash and proceeded to take one of her shoes.  We chalked it up to not enough exercise, so Natcha took him out for a long walk.  When they came back, he crashed.  Life with the puppy.


Lisa has been working all evening on an art piece featuring the late King.  It’s due at ArtBridge tomorrow, with 2 days notice.  Nothing like working with a deadline.  

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                             Peace,
                                       Danny

“Life isn’t about finding yourself.
Life is about creating yourself.”
~George Bernard Shaw

No comments: