Thursday, October 10, 2019

Learn

Hi,

Not much to say about the weather, except that we’re supposed to get rain starting tomorrow or Friday.  See, right there, that phrase ‘supposed to’ puts doubt in my mind.  If it rains, I’ll tell you.  If it doesn’t, I’ll tell you.

The ‘Zany Day’ song is actually about a day.  I’m sure this will help boil it down:  “Saturday mornin’, oh, Saturday mornin’, all my tiredness has gone away.  Got my money, and my honey, and I’m out on the stand to play.  Sunday mornin’ my head is bad.  But it’s worth it for the time that I’ve had, but I’ve got to get my rest ‘cause __ a mess."

This morning Jai Dee let us sleep a little later than usual.  Notice I said ‘let’.  There are large chunks of the day that are dictated by the needs and desires of this ‘child dog’.  We are fortunate that we don’t have to leave him alone all day, or put him in strange situations for his ‘day care’.  The first few months can make all the difference between having a happy, mellow dog, and a neurotic beast.  After we all had our respective breakfasts, we napped again until 8am or so.  Realize that the morning really started around 5:15am.  Occasional snoozing doesn’t count.  

Our morning outing began with a trip to Teppawan art supply to see if they had a special ball used in the game Sepak Takraw.  This is a game that resembles volley ball, but uses only the feet and head to move the ball over the net.  The classic version is made of woven bamboo strips, which makes for a very strong, but light ball.  All we found today was the plastic version.  The idea is to use it to play with Jai Dee, and also as a chew toy.

We had coffee at Work@Home, and had a brief visit with Katai before we had to leave.  We may have a play date with them and Jai Dee next week.  

This afternoon we met our friend Lisa and her two dogs, "Black Betty” and “Daisy Dukes" at The Wanderer.  Jai Dee was excited to meet the smaller creatures, but they were a little apprehensive about his puppy enthusiasm.  I told him to tone it down a bit, but he couldn’t help himself.  All of these visits will go much better when they can meet in our yard, after Jai Dee is a little older.  Then they can all run around without the restraint of a leash.  As it is right now, he would try to eat everything in the yard.  It’s the puppy brain.  

Today’s photo is of a photo hanging on the wall at a restaurant called ‘Steak Specialties’.  We stopped by Sunday night so Tatt could say ‘Hi’ to Boot, our former housekeeper.  They are related and he hadn’t seen her in years.  


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                      Peace,
                                Danny

“I am always doing that which 
I cannot do, in order that I may learn
how to do it.”
~Pablo Picasso

No comments: