Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Mistakes


Hi,

We had a beautiful blue-sky day today.  I’m sure it must have reached the high 80’s as predicted.  There were vague sprinkles downtown in the early evening but they didn’t hang around (555).

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” by Elton John.  Time for a ‘Zany Day’ song from him:
“When I look back boy, I must have been green, bopping in the country, fishing in a stream.  Looking for an answer, trying to find a sign, until I saw your city lights, honey I was blind.  They said get back __ __.  Better get back to the woods.  Well I quit those days and my redneck ways, and oh, the change is gonna do me good…”  Hint: A country boy getting back to his roots.

These days, this should be called ‘The Adventures of JaiDee’.  (Notice my new way of spelling his name)  This morning we returned to The Wanderer with a little variation.  As we walked down the entry path, we saw one of the workers putting on his bug-spraying gear, so or the first time, we took JaiDee inside the main restaurant.  It was almost empty, so there weren’t many people distractions.  He spent most of his time under chairs, chewing on the wicker that held them together.  

Today’s photo is a morning profile, captured by Lisa.  And yes, he’s bigger.


We have been slowly remodeling our guest room, partly for the upgrade, but mostly to make it harder for the puppy to do more damage.  This morning we got a second bedside night stand to match the one we got last week.  It has four drawers, is taller and not as easy to chew on.  Little dog was standing on his hind legs and grabbing stuff off of my other table.  There’s a whole different world from the ‘standing position’.  

We’re off to the walking track for our nightly exercise.  If the timing is right, JaiDee will sleep longer.

Feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                           Peace,
                                     Danny

“When I woke up this morning
my girlfriend asked me, ‘Did you 
sleep good?’  I said, ‘No, I made
a few mistakes."
~Steven Wright

No comments: