Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Treasure

Hi,

Weather today was HOT, air was the same old story.  It feels like we’re recycling the same days, like the movie “Ground Hog Day”.  Get up, look outside, decide to stay inside, put on mask if you go outside, run back inside.

Now that you know that the ‘Easy Monday’ song was “You Keep Me Hanging On” by The Supremes, you know who sings this next one.   “__! __ __ __ __ __, before you break my heart.  Baby baby, I’m aware of where you go, each time you leave my door.  I watch you walk down the street, knowing your other love you’ll meet.  But this time before you run to her, leaving me alone and hurt (think it over) haven't I been good to you? (Think it over) Haven’t I been sweet to you?  __! __ __ __ __ __, before you break my heart…”  Hint:  All of their hits could qualify as ‘Easy Monday’ songs, and yet…  Rather than beg, the singer is commanding to cease the current behavior. 

Lisa is doing better.  She had a good night’s sleep, if you discount the 2am IV installation.  There are things about the new hospital that are not measuring up to our ‘benchmark’, the Chiang Mai version.  The main thing is the food.  We solved that by bringing stuff in, which they don’t mind.  Today the doctor and his team came to her room and messed with her ankle.  Not one to be graphic, there was deep cleaning involved and it was painful enough that they numbed it before, and gave her something right at the time it wore off.  Cat spent most of the day with Lisa and will spend the night, Sutheera brought her grilled salmon for lunch, and later Caty and the twins visited.  This evening I brought dinner from Sabroso and we had a little party.  Cat’s boyfriend ate Lisa’s hospital dinner and we had the Mexican food.  Natcha sent fruit and cookies made with organic cocoa.  Tomorrow is supposed to be the last full day and night.

Daku and I stayed up late, well, I stayed up late.  Somehow, we both woke up at the usual time.  He rolled around and played like always, and then went to Lisa’s side of the bed.  Hmm, no one there.  He came to me with a much harsher greeting than usual.  Normally, he’ll come over and put his face close to mine, forcing me to sense his presence with some Jedi trickery.  This time he slapped the bed like he does when he’s finished with his nap.  It was strange for him downstairs too.  Lisa usually fixes his breakfast and today it was Natcha.  He’s not complaining because he’s eating.  Dogs.

I noticed that Gong was very busy during the day with a new project.  It wasn’t until I returned from the hospital that I began to realize what was going on.  There was a set of new motorcycle wheels stacked next to the old bike that he brought from Mae Sai months ago.  It is/was his mother’s, but it looks like it’s getting a Gong treatment that will cement his ownership (555).  As the day went on, whenever I’d pass the kitchen window, I’d see less parts on the bike.  He’s taking the whole thing apart.  Oh my.  Late in the day I saw him riding away on their other bike with the seat tucked under his arm.  More will be revealed.

I don’t know what the design intention was, but this building in Bangkok always catches my eye.


It’s gonna be a Wacky Wednesday.

                  Peace,
                            Danny

I have just three things to teach:
simplicity, patience, compassion.
These there are your greatest 
treasures.”
~Lao Tzu

No comments: