Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Silent

Hi,

We seem to be right back where we started with the bad air a week ago.  We’re back in the masks, staying inside as much to keep away from the air as well as the heat.  

The ‘Easy Monday’ song is still up for grabs.  If you’re in doubt, maybe this will help:  “We could ride surf together, while our love would grow.  In my Woody I would take you everywhere I go.  So I say from me to you, I will make your dreams come true.  Do you love me, do you __ __.  __ __ my little __ __ (little one) __ __ my little __ __.”  Clue:  If there was ever such a thing as a ‘Surf Ballad’, this is it.  It was 1963.

This morning we went into town to the Night Bazaar district.  There is a photo shop (some people still use film) that has a little laminating machine.  Lisa made a new name tag for our mail box and the only way to keep it from disintegrating is to put it in plastic.  The guy told us it would take ten minutes, so we walked down to Watson’s pharmacy and got the vitamin C that was on our list.  We also got in a little browsing, checking out the latest in beauty products.  Would you believe Addis has a fruity body spray for men.  No, I didn’t bite (555).  When I want to smell fruity, I use an essential oil.  Anyway, it was kinda fun seeing so many things to change what already is.

Today was the day we drove south of town to HomePro, since the list had grown.  It’s our place for home products when we want something ‘nice’.  Our discipline has grown when I realize that we left the store with only one thing that wasn't on the list, and batteries are not really a frivolous purchase.  

Riding home, it struck me that the people outside on motorbikes were probably burning up.  Between the sun, the heat from the pavement and the ambient heat, it was hot out there.  And yet, I saw riders wearing jackets.  What? Amazing.

Here is a photo of the steamroller that now seems to live on the property behind us, as seen from the upstairs window.  Hmm, maybe they might let me drive it (555). 


Nitchanan has been absorbing language during her vacation.  Natcha knows that she understands some Akha, the language of their tribe, but does not speak it yet.  The same is true with English.  She seems to understand many things that are said to her, but only mimics in English, repeating phrases.  Last night, as I was climbing the stairs, she called out to me.  I responded and she said, “I don’t know” and shrugged her shoulders.  I’d never heard her say that before.  She’s learning in her own way and it’s awesome.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“Ten people who speak make
more noise than ten thousand
who are silent.”
~Napoleon Bonaparte

No comments: