Monday, April 22, 2019

Succeed

Hi,

We’re still doing the dance of 100 degrees, sometimes higher.  We had rain this weekend.  No, it didn’t make a difference.  It was light rain that held promise, but after it stopped, the air was still bad.  It did cool things off temporarily.  Other parts of the country to the south of us have had more substantial water from the sky.

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “No Fair At All” by The Association.  ‘Easy Monday’ should be a snap.  I like to think of this as the signature tune for the group of the week:  “I’ve got sunshine on a cloudy day.  When it cold outside, I’ve got the month of May.  I guess you’d say what can make me feel this way?  __ __ (__ __, __ __). Talkin’ ‘bout __ __ (__ __).”  Hint:  Way too easy for a hint, but I am so Tempted (555).

Saturday afternoon I called Natcha’s phone and the cheery little voice of Nitchanan answered.  She proceeded to talk to me.  I kept asking for Natcha but she had other ideas.  I don’t know what she was telling me, but it was as if I was talking to an adult.  Then she’d lapse into silly and laugh.  Natcha wasn’t at home, and Nitchanan may have told me that.  Natcha told us that Nitchanan is speaking Thai and Chinese, and understands a lot of Akha but is yet to speak it.  She also told us the her daughter is using Thai words that she (Natcha) doesn’t know.  It may be because she’s watching shows on Youtube and her vocabulary is expanding.  In any case, Nitchanan is one smart three-year-old.

Sunday morning Natcha brought us each a boiled, dyed egg.  She had devised a hanging device made of string as seen in the photo below.  


Over the weekend we had more wind.  We realized the severity of the fires when the wind did not blow the smoke away.  It just brought more.  "The Department of Royal Rain-Making and Agricultural Aviation" announced considered using the process in the northern region, but only mentioned Chiang Mai.  They just received rain so maybe we’ll get some good old artificial rain.  I don’t care how it comes, as long as it comes.  I was at The Wanderer today and they told me about one of their big trees that was blown over.  I’ll call this one:  “If a tree falls in the forest…”  I was standing at the root of the tree and it extends to the upper left corner of the photo.


This evening I noticed lights on in the coffee shop next door.  It looks like they’ve started work on the interior.  
In the lot behind the coffee shop the work has begun on what we think will be a two-story house.  There are steel beams that ‘support’ this theory (555).  
 
If this heat continues, and there’s every reason to believe it will, they just may delay the outside work on the house.  We’ve noticed a light schedule next door.  The only person I saw working outside today was the farmer behind us, watering his vegetables.  And the beat goes on.

Have a Great Week.

                        Peace,
                                  Danny

“However difficult life may
seem, there is always something
you can do and succeed at.”
~Stephen Hawking

No comments: