Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Stars

Hi,

The high today was over 100°F and is supposed to rise one degree every day.  Right now there are fires burning on a hillside in Mae Chan and other locations not that far away.  The wind has been blowing in big, strong gusts and the lights just went off, then on, then off again.  Hang on, it’s gonna be one of those nights.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Windy” by The Association.  Since they don’t really have any popular ‘Zany’ songs, we’ll just have to do with this gem:  “__ is the word I use to describe all the feeling that I have hiding here for you inside.  You don’t know how many times I’ve wished that I had told you.  You don’t know how many times I’ve wished that I could hold you.  You don’t know how many times I’ve wished that I could mold you into someone who could __ me as much as I __ you.”  Hint:  Another one-word title, though not a name, it means to ‘hold dear’ or ‘keep in one’s mind’.  I think you know.

This is so weird, sitting in the dark, trying to concentrate on what I’m supposed to be doing.  Here goes:  This morning we arrived at Immigration at about 8:15am.  There was a line of about 18 people, based on the number we received when we entered.  By 9am we were on our way out, everything done.  We weren’t sure how long it might take since some of the early folks went to the counter carrying four and five passports, obviously representing an organization.  It’s so nice to go to an efficient branch of such a complex organization.

On our way to Bangkok Hospital for the morning treatment, we stopped at the new Big C, henceforth to be known as ‘Big C, Jr.’  A few things got crossed off the list and we were back on the road.  The doctor was very pleased with the progress in the battle with the infection.  Lisa still has to continue with this mode of treatment until early next week, we think.  

After a stop at Browney Pet World, we went home to take Daku out.  Since Natcha was going to Mae Sai today, our plan was to go to the mall for lunch.  Part of the northern visit was for Nitchanan, who expressed a desire to see her grandparents.  How sweet is that?  

This afternoon, our friend Atom came over and we hung out.  She had been working on some Thai names for a few of Lisa’s art pieces.  

When the power goes out the air/con goes out, the internet goes out, the water goes out, and it all gets a little strange.  I can use my phone to send this to you, so that’s good.  If it gets too hot, we can sit in the van and run the air/con.  Nothing like a little adventure to make the day complete.

Today’s photo is from our recent IconSiam experience.  Obviously a sushi spot, I couldn’t resist this unique structure.


It feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                        Peace,
                                  Danny

“If people sat outside and looked
at the stars each night, I’ll bet
they’d live a lot differently.”
~Bill Watterson

No comments: