Friday, April 12, 2019

Friday Funnies

Hi,

We’re still in the loop.  This morning, looking out from the hospital window, it almost looked like a morning fog hanging over the local farms.  No such luck, it was smoke.  It’s still here, it’s still hot, and we’re still upset about it.  Life goes on, carefully.

The Wednesday song was “Stop In The Name of Love” by The Supremes.  Back in 2009, I used this song and got a reply from our friend Sandy, in Northern California, that fits right in with the ‘Friday Funnies’ concept:  "When I was in undergraduate school, my roomate said that the title of this song did not make sense.  After looking at her with a very puzzled expression, I asked her what was the title and she said "Stop in the Neighborhood (before you break my heart)". For four years, we harassed her about this and rightfully so.”  There are many songs with mis-heard lyrics and you can find sites about them on the internet.  Now, it’s time for ‘Old School Friday’.  This is from a 1964 album by the group, which makes it kind of old (555).  “Baby, baby, baby don’t leave me.  Ooh, please don’t leave me all by myself.  I’ve got this burning, burning, yearning feelin’ inside me.  Ooh, deep inside me, and it hurts so bad…. Ooh, baby, baby __ __ __ __ __? Ooh, don’t you want me, don’t you want me no more?  Ooh, ooh..”  Hint:  Looking for something that was apparently lost. 

Last night was Lisa's final night at Bangkok Hospital.  Cat had urged me to bring a sheet to cover the vinyl couch since she found it to be uncomfortable, and it made a big difference in sleeping.  Our last night was OK, as hospital parties go.  We ate some of Natcha’s cocoa cookies, watched an episode of ‘One Day At a Time’, got sleepy and crashed.  I was actually awake for about 2 hours and then drifted off.  I did experience the hair-trigger night-light.  I barely moved and it came on.  I was able to trick it a few times, but that just keeps you awake (555).  

Today was the big day, the day Lisa got released from the hospital.  A different doctor came for the final treatment, but didn’t numb the area.  This was not good, but she got through it.  Cat came and helped us pack up the room.  She had finished her gigantic homework assignment and was ready to play Songkran.  The staff brought a wheelchair for Lisa and a big cart for all of our bags.  Easy exits are the best.  

When we got home, Daku was overjoyed.  He gave me a mild reception since I was only gone one night.  Lisa got the full ‘You’ve been gone so long, I missed you so much’ treatment.  The band is back together again.  

Our new bed is, in a word, very firm.  It actually feels great.  And to think that 10 years ago, it was the last thing we wanted.  Tonight will be the test of this sleeping platform.

You probably don’t care, but this weekend marks the 1000th Formula 1 Gran Prix.  Since 1950 there have been 841 drivers involved.  The Shanghai Gran Prix of China will be one to watch.  Zoom.

Cat saw a sign designating ‘Happy Street’ as the Songkran play area for Chiang Rai. Not that water won’t be thrown all over town, but this is where the party will be.  It started today and will go through the 16th.  It’s nice because they will block off the street and it should be safer.  

The photos below are from IconSiam.  This is the Jurassic area that kids love.  In the second photo you can see the little boots they are given to wear while digging in the sand, hunting and finding bones.  I would have loved that as a kid.



Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.         Time for the ‘Funnies’.

                      Peace,
                                Danny


No comments: