Thursday, April 18, 2019

Love


Hi,

We thought the storm of last night might clear the air a bit.  Wrong!  What we got was a yard full of plant trash, a one hour plus black out, and some minor wetness on the ground.  Today it was over 100 and the air was the same as yesterday.  

From what many of you are telling me, I need to have the American version of Sirius Radio so I can keep up with all the cool oldies.  Our ‘Non-Zany Day’ song is still looping in my head.  Let me add to the traffic in your head:
“Oh, I could say I need you, but then you’d realize that I want you just like a thousand other guys who’d say they love you, like all the rest of their lies when all they wanted was to touch your face, your hands, and gaze into your eyes.  __ is the word I use to describe…..”  Clue:  Amazing, how much can be written around a word that is not part of common language, at least not in the mid 60s.  Think about it, then name that tune (555).

I just want you to know that I wrote yesterday’s message in total darkness, except for the light from my laptop screen.  Picture one of those Snoopy or Calvin imagination segments where they describe some heroic episode in their continuing adventures.  Yep, I was there, trying to get an urgent message to…..  Anyway, it was kinda fun doing that.  If it hadn’t gotten so hot in the process, I’d do it again (555).  The wind was blowing so hard that it sounded like rain in the trees.  We could hear things bouncing across the yard and a few times, something shifted in the space above the ceiling.  That was a little unsettling.  This morning, the aftermath was what we expected.  One thing that is curious is the brown, mossy stuff that seemed to be everywhere.  It’s a plant product, but we don’t know which plant.  Gong and his nephew, OnLee spent a lot of time outside and still didn’t get it all.  The pool was covered in the brown stuff and almost looked disastrous, until the filtration system cleaned up whatever made it look green.

The doctor visit was the big deal of the day.  He was very pleased with the progress and we don’t have to go every day.  We will return on Saturday afternoon and a nurse can perform the duties of changing the bandage.  It will be like that until next Friday.  

Today’s photo is from about 4 years ago.  The man with the bamboo is making a chicken coup.  Sometimes I see something and wonder how it got that way.  So it was with these cages.  Now I know.


And finally, the news reports about the forest fires that are plaguing northern Thailand keep mentioning the ‘poachers’ as the culprits for the flames.  My question is:  What are they poaching?  I hope to get answers in the near future.  

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“Love is composed of a single
soul inhabiting two bodies.”
~Aristotle

No comments: