Thursday, October 8, 2015

Truth

Hi,

I’m happy to say we had more rain last night.  Most of the day was sunny and cooler.  There is a storm front looming in the west, threatening the last night of the carnival.  Oh, what a shame that would be.

It’s nice to see this R&B oldie still lives in many minds.  See if this verse gives you the title.  It’s easy.
“And when I get the paper, I read it through and through.  And my girl never fails to see if there is any work for me.  And when I go back to the house I hear that woman’s mouth, preaching and a-crying, tell me that I’m lying about a __  that I never could find.  Sha na na na - sha na na na na….”  Hint:  It should be pretty obvious by now that he’s out of work.  What does she want him to do?  Ah Ha.

Our luncheon today with Susan and Noy was a smashing success.  We all had a great time and we learned a lot in the process.  Their lettuce farm produces mass quantities of seven different kinds of the veggie in a rotating manner.  It takes 6 weeks from seed to harvest and they have to time it so they can deliver to customers on a weekly basis. Susan said they have a spreadsheet that allows them to predict how much they will have on future dates.  Tomorrow they will deliver 80 kilos of lettuce to various customers.  Have you any idea how much lettuce that is?  I don’t know, but considering how light lettuce is, it would be a lot.  We also learned that there are people living in Thailand who are restricted to a certain geographic area because of their ethnicity.  If they go out of that area they can be detained.  Amazing.

The main elements for Monday’s birthday party for Cat have all been confirmed.  The food, coconut ice-cream and balloons will be delivered, which is an added bonus.  Tomorrow we will go to Makro for all the paper goods we’ll need.  It’s been a long time since we’ve had a party at The Big Brown House.  

If you follow world news, you may have heard about the fires burning in Indonesia.  Smoke from Sumatra Island is drifting over the six southern provinces of Thailand causing problems.  The biggest problem area is Phuket, sometimes called the ‘Golden Beach of the South’.  Flights have to be diverted and the haze carries health problems as well.  It is hoped that rain will help ‘knock down’ the smoke and improve air quality down there.  We are still months away from our so-called ‘Burning Season’ so it’s possible that the air will be clear for those who travel south to escape the smoke from that annual affair.

Today’s photo is another from our weekend adventure at Chivit Tamma Da.  When I saw the hanging chairs I couldn’t resist going over to try them out.  There isn’t enough room to really swing, just sort of drift back and forth.  For about 30 seconds it was fun, until I realized that they were still wet from the rain the night before and I was getting wet.  


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

              Peace,
                        Danny 

“If you want the truth,
I’ll tell you the truth:
Listen to the secret sound,
which is inside you.”
~Rumi

No comments: