Thursday, October 22, 2015

Art

Hi,

Chiang Rai had another hot day.  Whoever keeps predicting thunderstorms needs to be taken outside and forced to look at the sky.

“Well, I’ll bet you I’m gonna be a big star.  Might win an Oscar, you can never tell.  The movies gonna make me a big star, ‘cause I can play the part so well.  Well, I hope you come and see me in the movies.  Then I know that you will plainly see.  The biggest fool that ever hit the big time, and all I gotta do is __ __.”  Hint:  The lads let the drummer sing this one.  One might say he’s a natural.

This morning the ‘Fearless Foursome’ went to Art Bridge to check out the big elephant.  The project is huge, literally.  Artists are working from morning into the night to complete their parts in this giant mural that will travel to Bangkok next month to be in the exhibit titled ‘999 Elephants’ at the Central World mall.  After the exhibit, the colorful giant will then go to Italy for an exhibit.  One side features classic Italian artworks as depicted by Thai artists.  On the other side there are scenes from Thai history as well as iconic attractions.  I thought you might like to see the work in progress.



After lunch we had to take Daku back to the vets so they could re-run his thyroid test.  He was not happy about it, but he behaved.  One nice thing that came out of it was an encounter with a 9 year old Golden.  They had a cordial doggie greeting and the other dog left.  His owner spoke English and told us her dog was lonely.  Hmm.

This afternoon we took Cat to Dr. Nan for the monthly adjustment on her braces.  While that was happening we went to the Talat and picked up my new shirts.  The tailor did a great job, which means I’ll be looking for more material to expand my wardrobe.  It was around 4pm and we were curious to see who was still open.  Normally, we only visit the big market in the mornings.  We were surprised to see so many vendors still open for business.  

I guess this was the day for unusual shopping adventures.  After dinner Lisa and I went to Central Plaza.  Normally, the four of us would go and browse the place.  Cat and her friend Pawn were running, and Blue didn’t want to go.  The two of us took our time and got the important things we went to get.  The mall was really crowded at 6:30.  Lots of families either eating dinner or strolling after their meal, school kids wandering and chatting, people shopping after work.  I keep forgetting that there is a theater on the upper level called ‘Major Cinema’ that features first run Thai and English speaking films.  We have yet to go to our local theater.  Hmm, add that to the list of 'things we must do' (555).

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

               Peace,
                         Danny

“Art flourishes where there is
a sense of adventure.”
~Alfred North Whitehead

No comments: