Friday, October 30, 2015

Friday Funnies

Hi,

I saw a little bit of Chiang Mai today and it’s hot like Chiang Rai.  They get the same forecasts that we do:  Thunderstorms, blah blah.

The ‘Zany Day’ tune was “Life’s Been Good” by Joe Walsh.  It’s time for ‘Old School Friday’ and something easy.
“I’m a poor man’s son from across the railroad tracks, the only shirt I own is hangin’ on my back.  But I’m the envy of ev’ry single guy since I’m the apple of my girls eye… She says baby everything is alright, __, out of sight….”
Clue:  The main title is one word.  The rest of the title is there in the last line.  Hmm, who does that?

My room at the hospital was a little nicer than our hotel room, and it’s pretty cool.  The kitchen area had a microwave oven, a little fridge, and room for storage.  The view from our window was a garden with trees and grass.  That part was puzzling at first, considering we were on the fifth floor.  The patient rooms are on the fifth floor so they designed the landscape so there was a view of some nature.  After a good night’s sleep and a lazy morning, I got a visit from the doctor.  We discovered that when he came to my room last night, he had come from his home.  I was concerned about some swelling and he made a special trip.  He told us it was his obligation to make sure his patients were comfortable.  He released me from the hospital set up an appointment for Monday morning. 
The nursing staff was very attentive and always entered the room with a smile.  

We’re back at the D2 and I’m realizing that the injections I got from the nurses were managing the pain more than I thought.  They sent me ‘home’ with some meds for the pain, but I’d rather not take them (555).   When I move certain ways, it hurts.  My best solution is to stay very still, which is easier said than done.  

Things are going smoothly at The Big Brown House while we’re gone.  Daku stays with Natcha and Gong at night.  I think he’s getting plenty of love and attention.  When we return, I have to continue with this ‘staying still’ thing for at least a week.  It’s going to be interesting, not being able to drive and move about the house.  

Today's photo was taken from my hospital room on the 5th floor.  A picture is worth a thousand words.


Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.  Don’t forget to ‘Fall Back’.  Reset all those clocks (555).  We don’t do that.

            Peace,
                      Danny


1 comment:

Michael Deak said...

Danny! Sorry to read that you've had to endure a surgery! I hope you hae a quick, uneventful recovery!

Just went to YouTube and watched a fantastic video of Gino Vannelli in concert in L.A. in 2014! Ya gotta see this! Gino was fantastic and the band was KICKIN'! Turn this one up! I don't know if you received my last post, but if not, let me reiterate--all of my professionally recorded classical music has been uploaded to YouTube! just put in my name followed by any of these three composition titles:
1. "Music For Piano", Zita Carno (pianist for the L.A. Philharmonic at the time). two suites and "Contrasts" piano sonata.
2. "The Molly Suite" written for myeldest granddaughter, Molly Stuart. 6 movements.
3. "Introspections" music for two classical guitars, 3 movements. I won the 2013 American Prize for music composition with this one.

Take care, Danny, and love to Lisa!

Michael