Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday Funnies

Hi,

The weather: The same.  Expectations: The same.  This may be the year of the sprinkler system if this is any indication of what El Nino has in store.

Well, the ‘Zany Day’ song was “Act Naturally” by The Beatles, sung by Ringo.  This song was originally recorded by Buck Owens and The Buckaroos.  Our ‘Old School Friday’ song proves that sometimes you don’t have to be a literary giant to write a popular song.  “__ __, __ __.  __ __, yeah.  My baby’s so dog gone __.  She loves me, come rain, come shine.  Oh oh, yeah, __ __.  Well I know she loves me so.  Well I know, because my baby tell me so-oh oh __ __…”  Hint:  The singer is telling us how beautiful his lover is, and how much she loves him.

This morning Lisa and I ran errands while Cat had an English lesson with our friend Brenda.  Brenda was a teacher in the states and has been teaching here as well.  They will be focusing on reading comprehension.  While we were out I made a new ‘friend’.  I stayed in the van while Lisa went into a ‘7’.  The parking lady, waiting for a ticket to put in the window, decided to practice her English on me.  Actually, it was a few English words sprinkled into some Thai questions.  We got along great and now she knows a little more of my ‘business’.  This is something we knew before we came here; ‘You will be asked many questions, some personal, when first meeting some people’.  

This afternoon we went swimming.  Yea.  The water wasn’t exactly warm, but it wasn’t freezing either.  Once the initial shock wore off it was quite enjoyable.  Should I thank El Nino now or later?  (555)

Today’s photo is one leg of the giant elephant.  It features a Vespa motor scooter (Italian) and a Tuk-Tuk (Thai).  There are a lot more Vespas in Thailand than there are Tuk-Tuks in Italy.  There are big clubs here, dedicated to the Italian scooters.  


We had a visit after dinner from Noot and Kwan from Doi Chaang Coffee.  We had told them about our baking adventures with coconut flour and the use of the coconut oil.  Noot bakes all the items at the coffee shop so she decided to make up a recipe for a special treat.  They wanted us to try it and brought over a big plate of her new dessert.  Oh my, it’s so good it will probably disappear in one day.  I think it will be a hit at the shop.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd. Time for the ‘Funnies’.  Formula One is in Austin, Texas this weekend for the US Grand Prix.  Zoom.

              Peace,
                        Danny


No comments: