Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Fly

Hi,

We seem to be back in the hot season here in Chiang Rai.  The low tonight is forecast for 70F and the highs for the rest of the week will be 89/90F.  So confusing this year.  

‘Easy Monday’ is still waiting for your response.  It has survived for decades, so I know you know this tune.
“Your love give me such a thrill, but your love don’t pay my bills.  I need __, (that’s what I want) that’s what I want (that’s what I want).  That’s what I want, yeah, that’s what I want.  __ don’t get everything it’s true, but what it don’t get I can’t use….”  Clue:  It’s carried in wallets, pockets and purses.  A lot of it lives at the bank.  There, that should make it real easy.

One of the major appliance stores we deal with is called Sinthanee.  We have had a relationship with the store since the days of the rental house when we bought our first TV.  Our friend Jan introduced us to the owner, who is in her Karaoke group, and then we met her son.  They have given us the best service after sale of any store in Chiang Rai.  Today we took our ailing vacuum cleaner to them and they fixed it while we waited.  The fact that they have a service center with trained technicians is a plus.  Just another perk of living in a small ‘city’.  

There is a woman who does minor alterations that we met through the fabric store in the talat.  Today we went to pick up some pants that she had to re-do and she didn’t charge Lisa for the work.  There are many shop owners who take pride in what they do and they want you to be happy.  Once we find them, we hang on to them.  Tomorrow we will find out if the new tailor is someone to hang on to when I pick up my new shirts.

Today’s photo and digital magic is from Blue.  He calls it ‘Evening at the Big Brown House’.  We love it.


Last night we picked up Cat from the airport.  Even though she was tired from her travels, and sick had a cold, she was still enthusiastic about her adventure in Hua Hin.  

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“If you wanna fly, 
you gotta give up the 
stuff that weights you down.”
~Toni Morrison

No comments: