Thursday, October 15, 2015

Trade

Hi,

The weather did a complete turn around today.  It was verging on hot.  The jacket has been temporarily put away and the light shirts are back at the front of the closet.  Yea.

So far, only one person has identified the ‘Zany Day’ song.  Here’s the last verse of this ode to a ‘visitor’.
“I come home with my pay, (__-__-__), she asks me what I made, (__-__-__).  She thinks her advice is a contribution, but if she would leave that would be the solution.  And don’t come back no more, (__-__-__).”
Hint:  You should be able to fill in the blanks and figure this out.  The clues are there.

This morning I took Lisa and Cat to the airport.  It’s the first time Lisa has flown to Bangkok without me.  Cat’s first flight went well, with no real problems.  There was a little queasiness on the approach to Bangkok because the plane makes sweeping banked turns.  They lunched in the airport, got foot massages, and Lisa showed her where to check in for her flight on Monday.  I returned to our humble little airport this afternoon and picked up the commuter.  

As I was driving away from the airport this morning I stopped to take a photo of an unusual building.  When a country has an architectural style that has been maintained like Thailand’s has, new styles tend to stand out.  This building is really outside of the box.  It is the home of a company that builds giant monuments and statues.  


Whenever I return to the house without Lisa, Daku gets moody.  He saw the three of us leave with a suitcase.  This usually means we’ll be gone for a long time.  When I returned alone he went into a funk.  All day he just laid around downstairs, in a melancholy sort of way.  When we came home this evening he gave Lisa a greeting like he does when we’re gone for weeks.  Hmm, a mama’s boy for sure.

During my afternoon drive I saw a sight that might be called ‘culture clash’.  While passing the Ban Mai market I spotted a long, sleek Mercedes-Benz pulling into the parking lot.  It looked so out of place, but maybe it’s the changing face of Chiang Rai.  I’m sure there were lots of curious stares from the regulars.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

               Peace,
                         Danny

“Serenity comes when you trade
expectations for acceptance.”
~Unknown

No comments: