Monday, July 1, 2013

Touch


Hi,

Coming to you today from the EVA lounge at Taiwan Taoyuan Intl. Airport.  We're on our way to the USA and this is our second 'lounge sit' of the trip.  

'Old School Friday' was a tribute to heat waves.  It was "Summer In the City" by The Lovin' Spoonful.  Here's an 'Easy Monday' tune full of wishful thinking:  "See the curtains hangin' in the window in the evenin' on a Friday night.  A little light a-shinin' through the window lets me know everything is alright.  __ __ makes me feel fine, blowing though the jasmine of my mind..."  Hint:  Really?  This is so easy it hurts.

Saturday was full of errands in preparation for this trip.  We began the packing process, which starts with that time-worn ritual of 'what shall I wear?'  This time we certainly didn't have to pack any warm clothes (555).  I keep telling myself the dry heat will be refreshing.  

Sunday morning I was on my way to Big C from Makro when I spotted some new street art on the highway.  The light was red so I snapped this for an example of a growing trend here.

                                  Concrete Canvas

Many years ago there was a film titled 'On Any Sunday' that covered all the various activities of motorcycle enthusiasts.  Chiang Rai could be a spot for a new version of this movie.  Sunday morning we saw about 20 dirt bike riders meeting by the Pink Bridge for a day in the dirt.  The number gets much larger than that according to a friend.  In the late afternoon I was downtown getting chicken burgers when a chopper with a very long front end came chugging by.  A few minutes later another appeared.  On my way home I saw a long line of Harleys and Hondas streaming around a corner.  Boot's boyfriend Rudy told us that every Sunday there are motorcycle rides.  Different groups based on types and size of machines hit the streets and go someplace.  There you have it, Chiang Rai on two wheels.

This morning the dogs knew something was up when I didn't take them out to play.  They have these clocks in their heads and they know when things are supposed to happen.  Hmm.  We will miss them a bunch.  

If you would like to contact us by phone while we're in town, here are the numbers:

Danny:  (310) 494-1179     Lisa:  (310) 227- 2351    Just think, you won't have to adjust for the time difference, unless  you're in Thailand, or New Zealand, or Denmark or.....

Have a Great Week.

                 Peace,
                            Danny

"If you touch one thing with deep awareness, 
you touch everything."
~Thich Nhat Hahn

No comments: