Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tightrope


Hi,

The tiny little sprinkle in the morning didn't discourage us from our many adventures of the day.  We covered a lot of ground as you will soon see.

A few of you knew this 'Zany Day' song.  I'm sure some of you will get it after reading these lyrics.  
"Dance to the music, all night long.  Everyday people, sing a simple song.  Mama's so happy, mama start to cry.  Papa still singin', you can make it if you try.  I wanna __ __ __ __ __ __ __ (repeat)."  Clue: There are many references to other tunes by this group, and gratitude is the theme of the title.  Hmm.

Our Wednesday began with breakfast at Dinah's with our friends Pam and Steve.  I actually controlled myself and didn't have my usual 'dessert' of cinnamon French toast.  Oh well.  They told us about their upcoming trip to London and a British Isles cruise.  There were also the updates in our lives and the changes on Westside landscape.  We had a long conversation about the dogs and how much we miss them.

                               Daku & BamBam

We got an early start on our drive to Pasadena so we could look for a few things.  Didn't find what we were looking for, but saw a lot of the city where I grew up.  It's a little confusing for me because so many streets are now one-way and many landmarks are gone.  There were things that brought back memories of my childhood though, and that was nice.

In Altadena we picked up my mother and then met my brother and his wife at Saladang Thai Restaurant for lunch.  It's always fun hanging out with them and this was no exception.  After lunch Denny, Sheila and my mom drove down to San Diego for a little getaway.  

Back on the Westside, we thought we'd get in a little nap, but the neighbors decided to do a construction project, so that didn't work.  We met our friend Kathie for dinner at Emerald Thai, and had a wonderful time trading adventures and life stuff.  

The construction of the Metro train line through 'our part of town' has turned Venice Bl. into a place to be avoided in the late afternoon.  It has certainly put what we call 'traffic' into perspective.  When we get back to Chiang Rai, I will not complain any more when I get stuck at a 2 minute stop light.  That's nothing compared to waiting through three sequences of lights at one intersection.  Of course, in a few weeks I'll forget what I just said and go back to fusing about all the cars and motorbikes.  (555)

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                    Peace,
                               Danny

"Being on the tightrope is living; everything else is waiting."
~Karl Wallenda

No comments: