Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Funnies


Hi,

I hope that those of you in the US had a safe and sane 4th of July.  We went into the world in the morning, and had a very relaxed afternoon and evening around the house.

The 'Zany Day' song was "Yakety Yack" by The Coasters.  'Old School Friday' goes way back this week.  Remember this?
"Oh, life could be a dream (__ __) if I could take you up in paradise up above (__ __), if you would tell me I'm the only one you love.  Live could be a dream sweetheart.  (Hello, hello again, __ __ and hopin' we meet again)"  Hint:  The title is two words that actually make a sound that isn't really a word, but a sound.  Get it? 

We spent the morning visiting two spots that are always on our list of things to do when we visit.  The first place was Target, one of my favorite places to go just to see what's available.   Then we went to Ross, which is usually a good spot for shopping.  We didn't find anything special, but there are two more stores to hit (555).  

All of our favorites have been eliminated at Wimbledon so we've lost some interest, at least on the womens side.  There are still more matches with the men and we'll try to catch those.  It's a Formula One weekend and I'm guessing I can get Mr. August to record it for us.  I was amazed at the technology that has evolved with the control of a TV.  Jeff was able to go on his phone and tell me the channel for SpeedTV.  He told me he can control the DirecTV box from his phone.  I would really have fun with that in Thailand.  

The photo for today is one of my favorite Chiang Rai choppers.  A nice modern take on old school concept. 


Our dinner was a BBQ affair on the patio, with turkey burgers, veggies and chips.  August grilled chicken and we feasted. After that, as the sun went down, we had a fireworks show, sort of, in the driveway.  They had a pack of fountains and things that went bang, and August was our official lighter of fuses.  In the background was the sound of all the other fireworks going off all around.  It sounded like a war zone, a constant rumble of explosions.  From the upstairs bedroom we could see some 'real' fireworks displays in the night sky.  Since we usually don't visit this time of year this was a treat.

Tomorrow we go to Altadena and take my mother to lunch.  We have one weekend in town so it's going to be a busy one.  

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.    Prepare to laugh.

                       Peace,
                                  Danny


No comments: