Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday Funnies


Hi,

Well, we're heading to the home stretch of the California visit.  One more dinner, a trip to Northern California, and then packing for home.  

The 'Zany Day' song was "Thank You (falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)" by Sly & The Family Stone.  That means it's time for 'Old School Friday'.  "He rocks in the tree tops all day long, hoppin' and a-boppin' and a-singing his song.  All the little birds on Jaybird Street, love to hear the robin go 'tweet, tweet, tweet'.  __ __ (tweet x 3), __ __ (tweet, tweedle-lee-dee)..."   Clue: It's something about a bird.  Extra Cool Points if you can tell me who sang it first.

A trip to the 'Fox Hills Mall' (yes, I still call it that) was mildly successful.  The place keeps changing, which keeps it interesting, and confusing at the same time.  

I had lunch with a dear friend of mine.  Seth and I met at Denny's, and this time I had French toast, among other things.  When he was performing his 'God Fadda Workout' we became groupies.  Now he's directing TV specials and also working on a film.  Long-time friendships are a wonderful thing and today was a nice reminder of that.

During the afternoon we hung out around the house.  There are still some small lists that need completing, but we wanted to be around the boys.  August baked a cake for his mom's birthday and C-Bass was working on a paper for school.  At one point C-Bass explained how the soccer (football) leagues work in England and Europe.  He used his video game as a teaching aid and it all became clear.  When I left to have coffee with my friend Dan, August was in the driveway lighting something and announcing that he was bored.  Oh, I remember those moments of summer when there was nothing to do.  He usually keeps himself pretty busy so I guess this was just a momentary setback (555).  

In the evening we had a fun birthday celebration for Anna.  There were cards and gifts and August's cake, which was delicious. 

            A July B'day Cake by Mr. August

It seems like just as I get used to driving 'American Style', it's time to go back to Thailand and flip the whole thing.  I've only hit the wipers a few times in the last couple of days.  I know that the first time I drive in Chiang Rai, the wipers will come on when turning a corner.  Actually, the more I think about it, since it's raining every day, it might keep me from using the wipers as turn signals.  Hmm.  

Saturday morning we will fly to San Jose and drive to Palo Alto.  Ming will visit us from San Francisco and that evening we will go to a birthday party for Joe and Eva (Lisa's dad and step-mother).  They decided to have a joint celebration of their birthdays, which is a pretty cool idea.  We will visit with Joe in his studio on Sunday morning, have lunch with friends in San Jose, and fly home in the afternoon.  Whew.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.

                         Peace,
                                    Danny  


No comments: