Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Live


Hi,

If it was supposed to be really, really hot today then we had perfect weather.  We had a wonderful afternoon swim/dinner and another arrival from Rayong.

The 'Easy Monday' song was "Lean On Me" by Bill Withers.  Here's a 'Bad Ass Bass' tune I'm sure you remember:
"Though I've tried before to tell her of the feelings I have for her in my heart.  Every time that I come near her I just lose my nerve as I've done from the start.  __ __ __ __ __ __ __..."  Hint: The bassist only has one name.  If you miss this one you may get arrested. 

This morning I had my weekly massage and it was right on time.  When I returned to the house I helped Khun Taht get his laptop on our internet network.  He gave me a big smile when it worked.  Later, Boot took him to get registered at his new school.

              Planting corn in the field behind our house

For our little 'mini party' Lisa made a shrimp dish and rice.  Our guests, Bob and Noni also brought a dish.  When they arrived the first order of business was to get acquainted with the dogs.  Our dogs have totally different approaches when it comes to new people in the house.  BamBam came out barking, smelled the scent of their dog and barked more.  It wasn't until we had our guests kneel down that she was able to become friends.  Daku came out of the kitchen ready to be instant friends for life.  Once all that was over we moved outside.

We stayed in the pool for a long time.  Occasionally someone would swim a lap, but it was mostly conversation on various topics.  Today I learned a lot about living in India, Tibetan art, and the empty 'disco' building south of town.  We also got an overview of a major art project that is developing in Chiang Rai.  When hunger hit, we got out and the food was warmed.  Lisa's shrimp dish was a big hit.  We'll be having that again.  Noni made a chicken and potato concoction that was quite good.  More conversation and then Noni and Lisa went back into the pool.  Bob and I sat on the patio and wandered into topics like creativity, and art business.   Late in the visit Lisa showed Bob and Noni some of her current art work and discussed the process.  It was a great afternoon for all of us.

While we were eating, Boot's cousin from Rayong arrived.  She will be living with Boot indefinitely, helping her with housework.  

Feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                    Peace,
                               Danny

"Live out of your imagination, not your history."
~Stephen Covey


No comments: