Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Eyes


Hi,

We, we did it.  We made it to the USA and now we're settling into our little Culver City spot.  This will be a quick one for obvious reasons.

It's nice to see so many of you got your groove on and responded to the song.  It's an 'Easy Monday' tune for sure.
"...We'll keep on spending sunny days this way.  We're gonna talk and laugh our time away.  I feel it comin' closer day by day, life would be ecstasy, you and me endlessly __, on a Sunday afternoon...."  Hint:  What?

All of our flights left on time, which is pretty amazing.  It turns out that during the course of each trip to California we use a total of eight (8) airplanes.  Hmm, maybe we should just get our own (555).  

After flying across the Pacific, we were put on a bus and driven around LAX.  Welcome to L.A.  The journey from the bus stop to the immigration basement is like walking the Green Mile.  I think it's time for a train, like in Malaysia. 

               A little 'Goodbye Play' with Daku

We're back in the land of wide driving lanes, polite drivers, and Pollo Loco.  Part of our routine after getting our rental car is stopping at Pollo Loco and picking up some 'local' food.  When we got to the house, everybody was in bed so we had to eat our chicken alone.  (we usually share and talk about the trip)  It's all good though.  Mr. August will probably greet us in the morning before going to school, and the dogs will be in and out of the doggie door.  

My clock is backwards now.  The body slept on the flight like it was night time in Thailand.  Now it thinks I should be awake.  Tomorrow afternoon it will announce, in no uncertain terms, that it's time to sleep.  Mr. Lag is so punctual.  

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                  Peace,
                             Danny

"I'll do my dreaming with my eyes wide open,
and I'll do my looking back with my eyes closed."
~Tony Arata



Gettin' Funky, Thai Style 

No comments: