Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Joy


Hi,

Today we saw the sun.  Most of the day it was cloudy, very humid, but dry.  Preparations have begun for our overseas adventure, and Lisa has finished another stunning cast acrylic print. 

The 'Easy Monday' song is still easy on Tuesday.  "His mother told him 'Someday you will be a man, and you will be the leader of a big old band.  Many people coming from miles around, to hear you play your music when the sun go down.  Maybe someday your name will be in lights saying __ __ __ tonight.  Go, go, go __ go.  Go, go, go __ go...__ __ __."  Hint:  The title is a name that is also a play on words.  It's by a man some consider to be the Father of Rock & Roll.  A lot of guitar players have tried to do his crazy 'walk' across many stages.

This morning it occurred to me that it's almost time to start conditioning my mind for driving in California.  There are just a few things that are not 'acceptable practice'.  I have to stay on the right side of the street for starters.  I have to remember not to turn in front of on-coming traffic even though I think I can make it, and the law of perpetual motion does not apply.  I have to stop at red lights and stop signs.  Oh my, that's a lot to ask.  Actually, if I drive in a polite manner everything will be just fine.  (555)

This afternoon we went to Central Plaza to do some shopping.  Actually, Lisa shopped and I looked, at toys.  Robinson Department store has a really fun Toy Department; something that has disappeared from most major department stores in the States.  I hadn't seen what was happening in toys in a long time and it was fun.  I watched a demo of a tiny little radio-controlled helicopter that flew around the store, saw replica model cars that looked like the real thing, and discovered that there are more super heroes and transformers than I ever knew possible.  Now there is such a thing as a 3D puzzle.  Who knew?  

           So, you've been looking for some spicy food?  He can help.

Late in the afternoon we started hearing thunder.  That was BamBam's cue to run upstairs and take her place at my side for protection.  It rained a little and then stopped.  It looks like we're in a serious pattern until we leave. Rain all week.  It didn't stop me from bringing one of the suitcases upstairs to officially start the process.  

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                 Peace,
                            Danny

"Recognize joy when it arrives in the
plain brown wrappings of everyday life."
~Judith Viorst

No comments: