Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Funnies


Hi,

There was a change in the weather today.  Cool air blew in from somewhere and caught us off guard.  We visited another 'necessary feature' of SoCal this morning, spent the early afternoon in the Marina, and dined on Thai food in the evening.

The 'Bad Ass Bass' tune was "Paperback Writer" by The Beatles.  Time for another episode of 'Old School Friday'.
"Well, since my baby left me, I've found a new place to dwell.  It's down at the end of lonely street at  __ __.  I'll be so lonely, well I'm so lonely, I feel so lonely, I could die."

              A Sign on the Super Highway in Chiang Rai

In the morning we went to Ross, which is always on our list of places to go when we're in town.  Lisa got some really cool things and I resisted temptation.  They always have interesting things in the discount section, but it hit me today that they are products that didn't sell in other stores for reasons that might not be obvious.  

I took Lisa to the Marina for a lunch date with our friend Claire and then went back to Culver City to pick up August from school.  Because of testing he's only going to school half days.  Then I went back to the Marina for lunch.  Later we met our friend Richard and had coffee and lots of conversation.  We left when Mr. Lag tapped us on the shoulder.

As the sun went down and the air got cool, we met with Karen Jo, Sandy and Kenwood for dinner at Thai Boom.  The three of them visited us in Chiang Rai a year and a half ago and we had a fun time.  It was a reunion of sorts.  We talked about travel, food, and Thailand.  We had a good dinner and laughed a lot.  What could be better?

We rounded out the day by listening to August practice some Chopin he's working on for a piano recital.  It's always a pleasure to watch and listen to him play, even when he's in the 'getting comfortable' stage with a piece.   

Saturday is the big day.  Two parties celebrating one incredible birthday.  I can't wait to see all the family and friends from northern and southern California, people from my childhood, and all the folks in my mom's busy life.  It's going to be quite an occasion. 

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.     Here come the 'Funnies'.

                        Peace,
                                   Danny 

Answering Machines 

"Hi! John's answering machine is broken.  This is his refrigerator.  Please speak very slowly, and I'll stick your message on myself with one of these magnets."

"Hello. This is Ron's answering machine, Marvin, and I'm so depressed.  I have 50,000 times the memory capacity of my owner, but all I get to do is answer the phone.  Life.  Don't talk to me about life.  Just leave your name and number after the beep.  Here comes the beep, how I hate that beep, it's so cheery sounding."

No comments: