Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mature

Hi,

The weather today was the same as it has been. Cool morning, hot day with hazy air. We broke out and went into town. In the afternoon we had company.

I was sure more of you would know this 'Wild Card' tune released in 1967. It's become a bit of a Pop standard.
"I can hardly wait to hold you, feel my arms around you. How long I have waited. Waited just to love you, now that I have found you, you've got __ __ __ __, it's on your face..." Clue: This romantic song has been covered by hundreds of artists. The original singer had a husky, sultry delivery. I'm wishin' and hopin' that you'll remember.

This morning, after much harassment, we took the dogs out for an abbreviated play time. They know when it's time to play and when it's time to eat and they don't mind reminding us. Because of the poor air quality, we wanted to keep them inside but they weren't having it. They had a fun time chasing the ball and playing catch. They are both quite good at catching the ball now. BamBam was a natural at it and Daku has practiced his form and now catches most of the balls thrown to him. We're so proud.

We went to the downtown market after the dog play. We just strolled around taking it all in. It seemed busy for a Thursday morning based on the foot traffic in the main aisle. A trip to the market always includes a stop at the 'treat stand'. Today Lisa bought a bag of our favorites. While they were being bagged up the owner of the fabric store came over and gave us a big greeting. We hadn't seen him in weeks. His big smile is always a welcome sight. An interesting thing happened when I parked the car. The parking guy asked me if I was from Thailand. When I told him where I was from he said I spoke good. Hmm, I didn't say much. Then he pointed to his head and said 'Bob Marley'. There is a universal connection between Marley and dreads.

After lunch we had a visit from members of The Sold Project. Khun Plah, Shannon, and Khun Neem plus Neem's daughter Happy, came over to pick up some things for the center. We sat around the dining room table eating some of the treats and talking about the project and ways to make a second presentation at Lisa's exhibit when we go back to Chiang Mai later this month. They stayed for about an hour and we had some meaningful conversations. We found out that Happy was afraid of me and that's why she didn't look so happy. One more visit and we'll be friends.

The field to the west of our house got plowed today. Well, a guy drove a tractor up and down dragging plow discs. It still looks a little ragged to me but hey, I'm not a farmer. I suppose they'll come back, make the rows, plant more corn and then leave it until it's over ripe. That seems to be the pattern. I'm just glad it's still farmland and not a construction site. Can you tell, I've gotten used to the country vibe?

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"To exist is to change;
to change is to mature;
to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly."
~Henri Bergson

No comments: